Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 48 Chevrolet Fleetline trunk lid question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ChevTruck, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Hey

Does anyone know if a 48 Chevrolet Fleetline 4dr trunk lid fit on a 2dr?

I've searched the internet but not come up with any answers...

Thanks

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

No way Jose

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4 door sedan -v- 2 door sedan -v- 2 door Aero

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

From 1941 through 1948 models, "Fleetline" 4 door sedans were fitted with a 'formal' roof, having no rear quarter windows, and are in my opinion the best looking Chevy 4 dr sedans ever. The deck lid looks similar to the standard 4 door pictured above, but a GM parts book would be the most authoritative source for answer.

EDIT: there is a greater difference between Fleetline 4 door deck lids and the Stylemaster 2/4 door models than I remembered. :confused:

Ray

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

5. mrloboy

mrloboy

I have a two door sedan and a 4 door Fleetline in my yard. The deck lids are very different. I don't know how to post pictures or I would. Rick

6. mrloboy

mrloboy

7. In that case I need to find a 2dr Aero trunk lid!

8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I believe that there a two different four doors. The second pic above shows the Fleetmaster and the one with the vent windows in the side by side pic directly above is a Fleetline IIRC. The Fleetine lid does't work but the Fleetmaster two and four door I think should interchange. Having a Fleetline sedan is more unusual and therefore more hunting will be needed. Good luck.

9. Does anyone know where I could get a 2Dr aerosedan trunk lid from. I've found a reasonable 2dr aero but the trunk lid is missing....

10. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Good luck in your search, I've been looking for a trunk lid for my coupe for 3 years. They are out there but most are more rusted out more than the one I have.

Lawrence Clayton likes this.
  11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You may already know this, but your coupe's deck lid can also be found on some Pontiac, Olds models from '41 thru '48 and Buick Special series 40A from '41/'42.

Ray

12. indyjps

indyjps

If you're in France, you might be better off just making one, or having one made.

13. The car is still in the US I wanted to try and get hold of one before I ship the car over....even if it is a rough one I can at least get it repaired, is there no classic salvage yards?

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]

Definitely different according to this one I located as per post #6. You learn something new every day