Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 chev p/u

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtbloye, Jul 22, 2009.

1. jtbloye

jtbloye

NEED HELP I need to know how to wire a 305 throttle body with a computer in to my 48 chev p/u any help would be great:confused:

2. burger

burger

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that some of the wiring peddlers like Ron Francis and Painless may have a harness just for the application. I think this is the Painless page you need http://www.painlessperformance.com/... Trucks&refinesearch=Fuel+Injection+Harnesses
    Other wise it is get out the wiring manual for the doner car and hook everything up accordingly with the box tucked up under the dash somewhere.
    You might have better luck with getting more help on the subject over on http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php A lot of us with 47/71 Chev/GMC trucks are in both places and there are some guys there who are pretty savvy with fi setups.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  4. owen thomas

owen thomas

5. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Definately pick a company with good customer support. I wired a speed/density type Tuned Port Injection system with painless and they assembled the harness incorrectly (wires on wrong pins) It didn't throw any error codes, but the truck smoked. It was worse than pulling teeth to get them to admit a mistake or provide schematics to troubleshoot the issue.

My suggestion would be to use a carburator, just like I told the guy that had me wire his truck.

I work with complex electronic equipment and have 25 years of experience, but I wouldn't ever build a hot rod with computer controlled fuel injection.

6. I put a 350 TBI in my '50 Ford using the factory wiring harness. PM me and we acn talk about what to use and what you can lose from the harness.

Larry