Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 Austin gasser from flat to FLAKE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AA/Fuel34fordpu, Mar 27, 2009.

1. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well yesterday was the big day for my Austin. It went to get painted I chose a House of color that looked like cherry red with heavy red flake. The car didnt need alot of body work just some love. Im hoping to get it back and put together for the Gasser reunion in late may. I cant wait Im so excited.... The best part is Im not gonna be out of pocket on this paint job. Im trading some masonry work for it. I started last week on my part of the job and Im about half done with it. Ill post some progress pictures soon.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. PA Gas

PA Gas

Cool looking car, how about some better pics of the front suspension and firewall. I'm also building one of those cars. What motor are you going to run?

3. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Thanks.. The motor is moved back 1 1/2 foot I sit in the back seat. Im usins a 383 sbc it 375-400 hp. nothing special yet. Next year Ill be building a 406 blower motor for it. PM me your email and I get some up close pictures o the front end set up.

4. Very cool, my 4 Favorite gassers are Anglia,HenryJ, Austin and 33 Willys. For some reason the Austins rise towards the top of that list.

5. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

NICE!!!! and it's a 4 door too. Love it.:cool:

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    48 Austin gasser. But I am biased..........
    Looking real good.
    Doc.

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Kool. That will look real good along a certain Henry J. LOL Can't wait to see it.

8. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Thanks again guy's! The body work is about half done. There was 3 guys working on it today when I stopped in to see what was going on. Its looks like its gonna be real straight. I will hurt VonHartman's feelings at the track (bring it Ryan!).....

9. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Well here's a small up date. Its getting the spots that needed work on fixed and primed in these pictures. Filler primer will go on tomarrow then the sanding will start. Saturday the red base will go on the the 3 coats of clear with the red flake. Then 6 coats of clear over all that.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Weasel

Weasel

Used to ride around in one (A40 Somerset 4 door) a buddy had - took it to Terminal Island a few times too. It was painted Pepto Bismol pink:eek: and was a terror. Used to go down to the junkyard to get 'new' engines for it - 350/350. Pull the tunnel ram with dual quads and headers off the old motor, bolt them on the 'new' junkyard gem and go. My buddy moved away and I heard that a tree fell on the roof in a thunderstorm and he filled the dent with bondo, brush painted it matching pink with housepaint he got color matched at Home Depot.:D Man did we have a lot of fun with that car - thanks for reminding me.

11. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Glad I could help :)!!!

12. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

Damn that thing is looking good man. I can't belive its come that far already. Its gonna look sweet

13. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Love those A40s, here,s a pic of my old bus.

Attached Files:

14. onedge

onedge

sounds like it will be a sweet paint job! cant wait to see it. great gasser body style.

15. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Well the paint is done and Im happy with it. Out in the sun it looks alittle orange but its red. The flake doesnt show up that well in the pictures but in person WOW....
    I have Vonhartmann coming over today to do some laying out for the lettering. I cant wait till its done. Not real sure what color glass its gonna have yet. Any way here's afew pix of the car. Thanks for looking!!!!.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im waiting on the back fenders, hood scoop and decklid to get buffed out. Then Ill be alittle happy camper.

16. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Posting a close up for you...
    [​IMG]

17. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Be still my heart. All those old desires for an Austin are starting to resurface. Paint is looking good. Wondered if you go to the annual Gasser Meet/Niagara Reunion held at Lancaster Speedway outside of Buffalo, NY. This year is the very end of July. Hope to make it up in the '32.

Lee

18. abone1930

abone1930

Killer Austin, is that a silver base or a gold base?

19. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Here's my try at upp close
    [​IMG]

20. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Its a 2 coats of red base 3 coats of clear with flake and 8 coats of clear on top.:D

21. That turned out nice, what's being lettered on the side ?

22. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Damn that is kool. You were right. Nice..

23. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

24. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

That paintjob is awesome. I'll be waiting for you at Thompson, camera fully loaded.:)

25. oh man , thats killer !

26. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Ill be at the Gasser Reunion in St.louis the last weekend in may with the car. If Im not wrong the Thompson deal Ill be in Mexico getting married:eek:....

27. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

My gal called me the horse trader one day. Thats because I was never happy with my cars so I would sell and trade them. This cool little 4 door 60's gasser saddle broke me. So thats why my Austin is named The Horse Trader. Thats what will be painted on the side's plus afew other things.

Vonhartman came over we struck a deal he'll start working on it real soon I hope. Well he's waiting on me to get back to work so I can pay him:(....

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  28. Devonrod

Devonrod
    from london uk

Looking good!

29. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Looks excellent to me, bet it will look even better with some lettering :D