Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 ford coe (car hauler project)

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by corvettesander, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:) He is doing ok ,careful ,he is touchy. You turn a kid loose in a garage to show off what he can do and he hasn't disappointed us . Thank You for sharing ,Sander.:D

2. daddio211

daddio211

No way man, you can already DRIVE yours and I've only collected parts! :D

I think he can handle it, LOL. He is TRULY a gifted artist, as apparently his dad is too!

My '27 T Roadster build: www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 734383

3. kscarguy

kscarguy

At his record speed, he can finish both of our trucks in one weekend...and still have time to go to Disneyland.

4. ok here's the deal the first one that books me a flight , i will come over and finish your truck lol :):p:D

5. kscarguy

kscarguy

Be careful what you wish for...I have lots of unused credit card points. Let's see, stowage class, one way, no luggage (just wear your work clothes), 6 month stay (cause I want my truck really detailed), no beverage service....:)

6. ahh i see i first need to set some rules, boundaries and previleges :cool::)

7. This is beginning to sound like some of those craigslist adds my wife won't let me answer! LOL Remember guys, I should be first, because I've got a medical excuse. (and I'm getting old too)

8. 6-71

6-71

Not trying to hi-jack the post,But you might want to shop around for that copper-nickle brake line.I bought a 25 foot roll at the local independent parts store for about $1.00 a foot,

9. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Nice fab work on that heater box Sander. I am curious if you will be ducting air to it our just or just taking air from the engine bay? Also are you going to have a defrost system ? you must have some humidity to deal with over there.I love your project. It is the first one I check on when I sign in on the HAMB.

10. will just take the air from the engine bay
    and only made one floor duct that blows from under the passenger seat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gojeep

Gojeep
    from Australia

Loving this build mate and the detail you have put in it. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. :)

Only got one concern and it seeing the SS touching the back of the cab. With the movement I would hate to see it eat through that nice paint work and rust!

[​IMG]

12. thanks for noticing , but what the picture shows is not what it seems,
    it reality you still can put your hand between it,

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  13. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Simply Amazing Build! Read every page . . .

What is distance from back of cab to rear axle center line?

What is length of bed?

14. Sander , thank you so much for the tags . Mike sent some BBQ sauce along with . I took pictures with my horse as I saw you have some around shop . My dad was carving when he passed . Truck looks good as always but that what happens with good craftsmanship . Blue

Attached Files:

15. nice Horse Blue ! , did you also got the small tags ? or is Mike currently using them as vice plates ? :cool:

16. i will get you some measurements soon forgot to do tonight :(

17. did some wiring and made a bracket for the battery kill switch, and painted the heater box and installed it back in and connected all the hoses.

and tonight i made some cups for the taillights i had to make these for bulb clearance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Yes I did . Blue:D

19. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Sander would you mind showing us how you made those cups?

20. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I started to make cups like that one time (for an old IH step-van that needed more clearance lighting) - but i found some old toy cookware at the thrift shop that did the same thing, no fabbing needed. Those look perfect, but check around the hardware store if you need something like that - you may find something.

21. I used some very small stainless steel bowls to back up some lights. The stainless made great reflectors, too! Cost $1 ea. from an Ollies surplus-type store.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  22. from back of cab to rear axle center line 110.2 inch

and bed lenght is 189 inch
    bed width is 75 inch

23. i used 2 large rings and a blind pipe cap/plug and a shop press.

put the sheet metal between the 2 rings put the cap in the middle, on top of that a thick metal plate and pressed it down.

then i put the 2 large rings under the sheet metal and pressed the cap ones more furter down

[​IMG]

24. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks for explaining the process Sander!Simple and effective. It worked well!

25. got all the taillights installed yesterday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and today i have installed the front fenders
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. daddio211

daddio211

27. kscarguy

kscarguy

Did you know that there are oval gaskets that go under the parking lights on the headlight stands? I have the email address for the guy who makes them if you need it. I have to laugh, your bed is doing double duty, just like mine...who need a workbench when you have a COE!

28. 1959apache

1959apache

Looks great as usual. How are you going to load a car with those tail lights?

29. olcarguy

olcarguy

Typical...any flat empty surface becomes a workspace or storage....

30. [​IMG]