Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Dodge Pickup Got it free!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smiffy6four, Sep 3, 2010.

1. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

I was working on a buddies 62 T-Bird the other day and he sent me behind the barn to his donor car and I spotted a 47 Dodge Pickup. I pulled the parts from the donor car and thought "it doesn't hurt to ask", so off I went and asked what he was doing with it and he said, "nothing, it's yours if you want it"! Yeehaw! I really need another project:D

It looks complete, except for the bed, last ran about 10 years ago, guy had it since 55.

No immediate plans for it at the moment, gotta finish my 63 GMC Step Van before I drag anything else home. Something to with domestic bliss and the preservation thereof:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Not sure why the first photo is rotated 90 degrees; the original is the right way up on photobucket.......

3. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Nice score! and the price is right! I love those old dodge pickups! Good to see another one saved

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My granddad had a '46. Those bring back good memories for me

5. no55mad

no55mad

Found this 46 last year in Mich. There was a rainstorm, a creek overflowed and this was parked in a garage near the creek. The water was just over the running board. The next day after the rain I saw this truck in the garage as they were trying to dry things out. After talking to the man cleaning the garage, I find out we are related. This truck belonged to my dad's cousin. They wanted to sell it - just couldn't let it get out of the family.:)

Attached Files:

6. thats cool got a 40 i drive daily

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Cool score! That would make a great Gasser. What do you havein mind for it?

8. sololobo

sololobo

Love these trucks, one of the coolest MoPar's ever. Congrats on the deal. Cool red one that's staying in the family also. Do it. ~Sololobo~

9. I've got my '41 Plymouth as my avatar.

When you get around to starting on that '47 Dodge, I've got quite a bit of parts available.

10. havi

havi

This style of truck from Mopar has been my favorite. I'd be thrilled to drag one home for free! Only things I find behind garages are empty beer cans.

11. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

No plans yet; gotta finish my 63 step van first to make room in the driveway.
    Probably won't drag it home until the spring, but I can start hunting for parts now.

12. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Do you have a bed for it?

13. No body parts at all, other than grain sides for the stepside bed.

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a cool score and the price was great also