Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 dodge panel truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by domepiece, Dec 29, 2009.

1. domepiece

domepiece

Haven't had a whole lot of time to work on this lately but I did get my Intake bolted on and my dizzy stabbed back in. Had to buy some studs for the carb and some more gaskets though. I also started plumbing and running my fuel line. I'm going to clean up the stock valve covers and use them until i find some nice finned ones i can afford. I've got a lot of little stuff to do but i hope to get this thing running this sunday night. Hopefully that will motivate me to finish my metal work inside.

[​IMG]

2. domepiece

domepiece

Not much of an update. Unfortunately finned valve cover cost more then i have to spend on this thing so i picked up some crappy chrome edelbrock ones. I did find a radiator that will work in this thing as the one that was in it was beyond repair. Hoping to find a little time to get it mounted and maybe do some wiring so i can get this thing going. Bought some new plugs and wires and am going to try to clean the engine up too. I'm also just about done with my fuel cell mounts.

[​IMG]

I've got to trim a little of the lower mount still but it's not going anywhere.
    [​IMG]

3. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Love seeing and reading about the progress of this truck. I'm not a huge panel fan but LOVE this truck!

4. domepiece

domepiece

Got my core support mounted and my radiator in. Gotta buy some hoses and little shit and hopefully I can fire this thing up before to long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One problem. I switched from the 350 heads to the 305 heads and now the manifold bolts on the passenger side won't line up. I've got 4 of the 6 in but the other 2 are off by about a 1/16 of an inch. I tried forcing the manifold over with no luck. I was thinking about heating it until it's red hot and the forcing it into position. Any ideas?

5. Patrick46

Patrick46

Ewwwwwwwwwwww....I can't stand the idea of 'forcing' these bolts into submission.

I'd carefull use a diegrinder with a needle tip, and slightly egg the manifold holes out to the point that the bolts slide in. That is aluminum, and is very unforgiving!

6. domepiece

domepiece

sorry i should have been a little clearer. it's the exhaust manifold that isn't lining up and it's cast. I don't like the idea of forcing it either. I may just need a new manifold but i don't know. i have never run into this problem before.

7. Mathew21

Mathew21

Very Cool Project.

8. screwball

screwball

I have run into the same issue and picked up a set of s10 v8 headers and that worked for me.

9. domepiece

domepiece

hate to do it but need the space and possibly money for other things so this things for sale. $6000 obo. might trade for something driving and cool.

10. rustyhood

rustyhood

Dont feel bad, I bought a home in Ohio. I sold my panel Monday.
    But after I get settled in, I will be looking for my next project. You have it looking good.

11. domepiece

domepiece

yeah i saw you sold yours. I really want to finish my 49 coronet and need to room in my shop. If i don't get close to what i'm asking or a decent trade offer I'll just keep plugging away at it slowly.

12. rustyhood

rustyhood

I was informed of a 55 chevy pick up close to where Im moving to. I think I might want to do a 30's era truck or car. I hope to have something to build by next winter.
    I really wanted to finish my panel. I did alot to it. but moving out of state made that decision for me. Good luck on your build, you do nice work and everything you do to it makes it worth more. Dan

13. CADDY1

CADDY1
    from NEVADA

Very cool build!!! Looks great!!