Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 47-53 Chevy Tailgate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junk Truck, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Junk Truck

Junk Truck
    from Oregon

Trying to find a good quality tailgate for our 49 Chevy truck. Most are imported and not so nice. Prices are all over the place. Any suggestions? Thanks, Terry

2. Rick S

Rick S

3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

They are always all over swap meets, just keep looking for an original.

4. Mine for my 52 Chev came from Classic Parts back about 2007. It a good tailgate. Where it was made,I don't know

5. ...save your money and save gas without a gate...

6. Junk Truck

Junk Truck
    from Oregon

I spent hours and hours of time and materials on restoring body parts and had somethings look good , some not so much. Tailgates are a real challenge, so I skipped the frustration/ work and ordered a new tailgate.

7. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Got an entire box and tail gate from MAR-K for my 59 GMC. Their parts are Made in Oklahoma and the quality is excellent. All mine needed was paint. It was easy to assemble, and fit together just like it was supposed to.

GMC Bed Sides.jpg 59 GMC B.png

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I bought mine from Brother's Trucks and it's a very well made tailgate but I bought it 10 years ago, so I don't if they sell the same type or not. Don't buy their bumpers though because they are paper thin.