Register now to get rid of these ads!

46 ford glass channel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspert, Aug 19, 2012.

1. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Is my 46 Ford coupe supposed to have a fuzzy strip inside the outer perimeter of the door. I mean on the side opposite the garnish molding. There is a series of factory holes all around that area. I can't imagine a fuzzy being there if a channel run goes around the top of the glass. Or does the channel run stop at the top of the door with the fuzzy protecting the window when it is in the full up position. The front of the glass fits inside the vent window channel run. Any pics on the net to look at? I have searched and found nothing.

2. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

There is channels in the front and back to guide the glass.

And there fuzzy strips on the door and inside frame.

You can buy complete kits at Macs autoparts.
    [​IMG]

Be sure to get the right ones since there is two lenghts on the doors.

3. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I know there are two doors. Mine is the long door. I still don't understand if the window run in the door goes all the way across the top and over to the vent window. If it does, why is there a fuzzy in the door on the opposite side of the garnish. there is a fuzzy that goes all the way around the garnish on the inside. As I said, there are holes in the door all around the window area that appear to be for clipping in a fuzzy trim. They even go around the vent window area.

4. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Suggest you post this on the FordBarn, too.

5. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Are you talking about holes on the outside of the door?

Its for the Super deluxe stainless trim

[​IMG]

6. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Not the outside holes. The holes I see are the ones for the clips you referenced, but why would it have two types of anti rattle in the glass runs? I do't think any of you comprehend what I am asking. Is there a glass channel that runs from the latch side of the door starting at the bottom inside of the door all the way around the window to the top of the vent window bar? If there is, why is there clip holes to attach fuzzy anti rattle strips in the same area as the channel? That would be two layers of fuzzy from the window opening in the latch side of the door, to the vent window divider bar. And another layer on the glass side of the garnish trim.

7. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

No There is one straight channel in the front and one in the back.
    Nothing in the top.

And then there is two U shaped fuzzy strips (laying down, with opening towards the vent vindow), one on the door and one on the inside moulding, to prevent rattle and stop dust to coming in.

8. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. Couldn'r see why there would be a channel all the way to the top of the door in the rear or over the top with the fuzzys there also.