Register now to get rid of these ads!

46 Ford cop questions/opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 416Ford, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 416Ford

416Ford

I have a 46 Ford with a 3" chop and I was wondering what others have done with the interior windshield trim. I have extended and overlapped the bottom but I do not have the original rear view mirror to test fit.
    Does the mirror cover the gap at the top or should I overlap the top also?

Photo of original window trim with mirror or modified trim pictures would be appreciated.

Next question, will a standard headliner be big enough or have others use something else?
    Any other interior changes that may be needed that get overlooked?
    Thanks.

2. 416Ford

416Ford

Weekend help?

3. 62rebel

62rebel

i'm not sure what it is you're describing as far as extending/overlapping trim; maybe some pics would bring more responses out. if that's your car with the chop in your avatar, it looks to ME like a stock headliner pattern would still fit okay.

most guys doing a chop find an extra set of interior window trim to be able to piece them together for the best fit. nice car, btw.

4. 416Ford

416Ford

Answered my own question this weekend, kinda. I see the hole in the roof for the mirror to mount to and they measure 2-1/2" C to C so the trim need to lengthened to match.

All the side windows are done. Just wrapping up the front window and getting ready to extend the headliner bows. I was worried that the liner would not be long enough and I would need to have one custom made.