Register now to get rid of these ads!

'46-'48 Ford Deluxe Steering Wheels in Hot Rods? PICS???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suede55bowtie, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Anyone have pics of hotrods running the big Deluxe steering wheels?

2. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

3. Sweet, I just needed a few pics for some idea as to how the size of the wheel was going to affect leg room or anything. I found some pics of the Green Grenade and another model A coupe on here thats running the wheel. RAD, thanks man

4. banjorear

banjorear

If I'm not mistaken, aren't all Ford wheels 17" diameter? It may look bigger due to the design but, dimentionally they are all around 17".

I also can be completely off base and not know what the hell I'm talking about. Always a possibility.

5. Here is one in a '32 5 window. As stated, the '46 -'48 wheels are about the same size as the earlier wheels.

[​IMG]

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Yes...I've got a row of Ford wheels, and all are just about the same. This was a surprise...to me, the '39 banjo and the '48 both look to be gigantic compared to the '32's or '40's, but it is just a visual effect. Your knees are safe.

7. Skirv

Skirv

Mine from coupe in avatar.

[​IMG]