Register now to get rid of these ads!

429 valve adjustment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by airboater67, Feb 8, 2006.

1. airboater67

airboater67

looking for info to adjust 429 valves during rebuild. i have done it running before but it is going into a 77 glastron carlson jetboat, which makes it very difficult to do running. It has a mild cam dove heads, and roller rockers. its been a long time since ive done this and dont want to mess it up. also my timing set has a slight offset in timing, should i install a straight up set, or keep the advance. any info, i would appreciate. thanks guys......:confused:

2. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

First read the rules and post an intro and second, a 429 What? Ford Caddy??

Dawg

3. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Hydraulic or Mech. cam? If it's a hyd. you usually only have to put each cylinder at TDC and adj. the rocker arm retaining nut until the pushrod won't turn. Then tighten it up a half to full turn to set the preload on the lifters. If you have a Mech. cam the valve adj. info should be on the timing card that came with the cam.
    Welcome to the HAMB.

4. airboater67

airboater67

thanks for the info.......

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. tomslik

tomslik

!?!?!?!?!
    if it's a 429 ford, the rockers sit on pedestals with NO oem adjustment possible.
    that said, they do make shims to go under the pedestal....

i think caddies use rocker shafts and aren't adjustable but i'm not 100%