Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

427 Ford rotating assembly and misc.

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Algon, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Algon

Algon

City: Akron

State: Ohio
    Price: $1500
    What I have is an original Hiriser shortblock I'm considering breaking down to build a stroker. *** The block is NOT included or for sale***

This is an engine I purchased from Ohio George built by his son Greg Montgomery. It had light use but was torn down, inspected, and reassembled with new pins, rings and bearings with everything remaining STD.

***What you get...Ford forged STD bore pistons, C3 427 "big bolt" forged rods, STD-STD C4 nodular iron crank, original C4 427 balancer (flawless/no hammer marks or hillbilly damage, I see very,very light checking in one spot of the elastomer otherwise perfect), crankspacer, dumbbell lifters, new Cloyes linkpin timing chain and a new Crane 294S solid lifter cam. Pistons have been milled to reduce compression.

*As a side note, again you DO NOT get the block for this price and it is NOT for sale. However it is a shame to tear this down... If someone had a similar PERFECT standard bore 63-64 block plus cash I might consider a swap. That means a clean block with factory straight Standard 4.232 bores verified by a trustworthy shop. Otherwise I have no interest. Let me be clear, no it'll clean at .017 BS, no cracks, no sleeves or no deal.

Thanks, Dan KIMG0252.JPG KIMG0251.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Algon

Algon

***keeping it as is***
    My builds involve rare, authentic 1960's parts which do not meet modern NHRA rules or the whims of so called "nostalgia" series promoters, so I'll just put it on the street.