Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 Willys and gasser guys,head light rings question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparron426, Apr 18, 2010.

1. moparron426

moparron426

here is what I have for now on my 41 willys frontend, they are some aftermarket rings and adaptors(40 ford maybe???) that I can use for now
    I have seen ones like these used on willys befor. (see pics below)

while I would love to put real willys rings,lenses and buckets on, the roughly $500.00 price tag is not in the budget right now, maybe someday just not right now.

anyway what do you guys use? is there some less expensive way to go to get the "Willys" look or should I just run these till I scrape up the $$$$ for real willys rings and stuff??

I don't hate the look right now but I really like the look of the woodmans PU, I plan to use that style grill on mine as well. Ron...

Attached Files:

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I've had many Willys and always liked the stock frames and lenses. If thats what you want save your money ang get the after all you are the one who has to look at it all the time.

3. I really enjoyed the build photos that you posted a while back. It looks like you've made progress sine then, please post more photos if you don't mind. Fellas, if you didn't catch this build it is worth looking at for sure. Very creative and well done. Good luck getting an answer to your question, someone should be able to help you out.

4. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Iv seen them rings alot. I believe they were aftermarket seal beams for 37 to 39 fords.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I had the same dilemma. I even bought a couple of sets of 40 Ford headlights sets. In the end, I didn't like the look (plus those needed replating anyway) and I didn't want to modify the sheetmetal. So I broke down and spent the big bucks for a set from Willys Replacement Parts. They bolted right in, slick as snot on a doorknob. I ordered them with the integral turn signals. It was money well spent and the look is perfect.

My vote, save up and do it right.

6. moparron426

moparron426

Yeah the way i cut out the fiberglass to fit these I left more than enough to be able to use willys stuff at a later date,
    I was hoping there was some cool trick "CHEAP" setup guys were using. Ron...