Register now to get rid of these ads!

'41 truck running board question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mt shasta steve, Oct 16, 2013.

1. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

What are you guys using to cover early Ford truck running boards? Mine are painted the same color as the fenders, and look good until someone rolls a shopping cart into them. Or I drop a wrench. Passenger car covers have a body mount cut-out that the truck doesn't have. Any ideas?
    Steve

2. Mine are also painted body color. I think they look really good that way but boy is it a job keeping them scratch free. I haven't seen them covered like the cars but I have seen that lizard skin stuff that they put inside pickup boxes. It looks good and is really tough. Can't beat the look of those body colored ones though.

3. HANKSPITBALL

HANKSPITBALL

I've had several 40 pickups and like them painted as Henry had them, black. Cheers, Doug

4. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

5. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I used U-POL Raptor bed liner on mine. Raptor doesn't have the really gnarly rubber chunks in it so it sprayed on beautifully with a nice sheen too. It's been on there a little over year now and it looks like the day it was sprayed
    [​IMG]