Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 41 Seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy3755, Dec 21, 2019.

1. chevy3755

chevy3755

what late model seats frt & back work for a 41 chevy 2dr sedan.......i have no idea.....thank you

2. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your best bet is to measure the stock width and go from there, a visit to the local junkyard will almost certainly produce something (if you're looking for bench seats). Bucket seats can pretty much be made to fit anything. My '41 sedan still has the stock seats and I'm happy with them but "to each his own"

3. goldmountain

goldmountain

This is what tape measures are for. In any case, cara of the 40's taper towards the windshield so if you do find a later bench seat, you need to measure the seat at the front, not the rear to take this into account or else you may run into the door panels. No rear seat will be a direct interchange. You are going to need to modify something.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. chevy3755

chevy3755

i have a bench seat that came with the car......but it weighs a ton......i can bearly move by myself......i have no back seat.....thats way i was looking for a doner ......

5. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

For a back seat take tape measure to find one that in width and height. I think width is more important Than height, you move it up and down for a better fit. 97 Grand Prix seats in my 39 pontiac