Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey, thats where I get my best reading done! :D American English is full of slang and often sounds strange to someone who was taught "proper" English. I ran into this several years ago in West Africa and man was it funny when we tried to figure everything out. The soldiers had learned the "Queens English" in school and we did our best to explain to them our way of talking. I think they thought we were nuts but it was good fun. Heck, the Brits think a "boot" is the trunk of a car while any American will tell you its something you wear on your feet. :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. Fjant

Fjant
    from Sweden

Hi, It was a nice visit. Next time I'm in the Netherlands I'll come visit you.

3. Ironhorze

Ironhorze

Doing the same with 50 Plymouth but using 331 engine and monte carlo front clip and rear end. Drive it like you stole it. Jim

4. farmer12

farmer12

You're welcome anytime!

5. farmer12

farmer12

Sounds like you've got a winning plan!

6. 1959apache

1959apache

Come on Eric, where is the update?... I am growing impatient, I need my fix :D :D :D

7. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Sigh, we will have to wait some more.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. farmer12

farmer12

There will be more updates on monday. First I've got to go to the Kustom Kulture Show in Helsinki, Finland, this weekend.:D:D:D (for inspiration and maybe a beer)

9. 1959apache

1959apache

seems like a waste if you are only having A beer! :D

10. farmer12

farmer12

Just got back from Helsinki, Finland and the Kustom Kulture Show. First Bart and I met up with Antti (finnrodder here on the Hamb, first pic) and his friends before the show for a coffee. Then enjoyed ourselves at the show for most of the afternoon. Considering this was the first time that the show was organized, it was great. It was good meeting up with you Antti!

Attached Files:

11. farmer12

farmer12

Here are a few more pics from the show. Bart and I also succeeded in finding the ugliest girls in Finland as well. After paying us lots of money, we allowed them to have their picture taken with us.:D

Attached Files:

Car likes this.
  12. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

If those are the ugliest ones, I shall be searching for real estate in Finland shortly...;)

13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Yep,they were totally butt-ugly,your pocket filling with the european unions moolah was just right thing to do:D
    Hell yeah,it was nice to meet you Eric and your friends in there.I think that was a really good show for a while.Not much anything freshly builded showpieces,but the atmosphere was great.I hope it wasnt a first and last annual show:)

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, inquiring minds want to know. How much exactly did they pay you? ;)

15. farmer12

farmer12

Just enough to be able to quit my day job and work permanently on customs and hot rods.:eek::D

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

I'm in love with this build.
    THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE AN ANIMAL!

17. farmer12

farmer12

After a break of a week and a half due to work, it was back in the garage yesterday. Both doors still require a fair bit of work, including rectifying
    some work done by the PO.

The gap between the inner and outer panel wasn't parallel, so I marked it, fabricated a new piece and welded it in. It took quite a bit longer than anticipated, but it's done. And it's parallel once again.:D

Attached Files:

18. Moparts

Moparts

Nice job. The curvature in the last pic looks perfect.

19. farmer12

farmer12

Started on the last vent window. Removed the original one from the garnish moulding and stripped it. To get the right shape wasn't the problem, but I soon realized that the pivot point needed to be re-located for it to work properly. One small thing, I had to grind down the sides in order to remove it from the original position, so there wasn't much material left.

So I still had my old slapper that was 3mm thick, so I welded the pivot point into it and shaped it into shape. Easy!:D

Last pic shows the other pivot point I also made today, welded in place.

Attached Files:

20. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. It's good to be back in the garage!

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I get a kick out of your practical solutions to problems that would often leave others scratching their heads in wonder. Good stuff!

22. farmer12

farmer12

Got the drivers side vent welded, including the new pivot points, and test fitted both in order to square it up to the door and then proceeded to cut them to size. Another job done. These are nearly ready to get chromed, just requiring a little clean up. More tomorrow.

Attached Files:

23. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the words of wisdom OahuEli!

24. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

your car is looking sweet nice work

25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks good again,Eric!

26. j hansen

j hansen

27. 4rod

4rod

great craftmenship Eric as always

28. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the support gentlemen, it feels good that so many of you approve of the things I do in this build!:D

29. farmer12

farmer12

The plan is to bring some parts to the chroming guy tomorrow, including the rear bumper, but soon I realized I hadn't cut the rubber stripping to size yet. Doh! Instead of trying to figure it all out when everything is chromed and painted, I thought I may as well do it now. So I re-installed all the necessary parts, then cut the rubber to size. Getting quite good at this by now.....

Another bonus is that the wife and kids are on a short vacation, so I was able to use the kitchen to accomplish the task:D.

Attached Files:

30. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

How that saying went..."When the cat is away,the mices are dancing on the table":D