Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. 47 PLY

47 PLY
    from UK

Looking great and its got to be black ( but I am biased ) good luck with it. Cant wait to see it finished

2. farmer12

farmer12

Next on the list was the ugly gap in the door, which was never finished off when chopped. Made a small piece of metal and welded it in place. Took me a few hours to do, but came out looking good.:D

Attached Files:

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

That haircut makes the grille lot smoother,nice job!
    That gap fix looks good too.I guess some people just like to do all "the cool stuff",but doesnt give much attention for the details.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Gotta agree, gotta be black.

5. hemi v8

hemi v8

nice work on the grill, looks awesome.

6. 48plysled

48plysled

great work on the grill and the door man. one day at a time n she will be tearin up the streets in no time.

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

WOOHOO! Going to paint! MAJOR milestone there huh?

8. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Finn. It's the details that make or break a car I think.

Thanks mr v8.

That day may just be far away but it's getting closer!

Milestone indeed. Something I've looked forward too quite a while. Time to concentrate on finishing all the small things now before it leaves the garage.

9. j hansen

j hansen

Deep black with no metallic you say.I have to recomend Volvos black,we use it all the time to paint limosines and herses

Attached Files:

10. farmer12

farmer12

Yes, cool! Do you have a paint code? Thanks.

11. j hansen

j hansen

I can give you answers on monday,i have to read on the can.

12. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

And then one day as Eric is cruising down the back roads looking for a long straight stretch of road, he'll see a slightly rusted hood peeking from behind a building, with a chrome piece glistening in the sun light..........:eek:

13. 48plysled

48plysled

Aint that the truth. Then it will be turn around and just have to take a look and see what it is all about. Truth be told thats how I have gotten a few cars and how I got rid of a few. Amazing when you see those sights.

14. 1959apache

1959apache

its looking good Eric, that is exciting to get it to paint... black is a bitch to paint and look good, but I think you got the body work pretty close. Any idea on what they are charging you for it and ETA for completion?

15. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Scott! My painter Mark told me that it doesn't matter to him if it's going to be black or some other colour. He won't paint it before the body work is perfect. I've worked out a good deal with the guys, a decent (nearly cost) price and in return they can use the car as promotion on their website and get mentioned in the magazine articles. Everybody happy. The body guys can't wait to get started on it, so there's excitement all around.:D

The plan is to get the body and panels to them at the beginning of march, giving me another month to finish a lot of small things. And while they have the body, I can get the chassis sandblasted and powder coated. So realistically,
    we're looking at may/june when I will have the body back on the chassis in my garage. Let the fun times begin!:D:D:D

16. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me too. (couldn't resist) :D

Cool deal with the painters!

17. 1959apache

1959apache

That is great news Eric! I am happy for you. I am going to work the kinks out of the truck first and make sure everything is running great before I break it down for paint. I don't want to risk scratching it after all that hard work. I am looking forward to the progress on yours! I have been quietly following everything, just haven't been posting. I like your idea on the grill, but will have to see a shot of it from afar. What is the weather like there right now? pretty cold to be working in the garage? My wife allowed me to finish working on my seat for the truck on the kitchen table because it is so cold out. :D :D

18. 48plysled

48plysled

Now that for sure is a a keeper man. Why can't we all have understanding women. :D

19. 1959apache

1959apache

Don't I know it :p

Hell she said our next hot rod is for her. I didn't argue. :rolleyes:

20. 48plysled

48plysled

Good deal man.

21. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I see what you did there! haha! X3:D

I think its funny how many of these plymouths I see not done right here in the states, but some how in the Netherlands, (were Im sure parts for this thing are pretty hard to come by) you have one of the best done plymouths Ive seen. I just want you to know I did a very loud "hell yeah" that echoed through my house when I first read that you ripped the 350/400 out.;) ...Awesome build...

22. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Joel! Now I must confess that it wasn't my intention to go that extreme with the car, but you know how it goes, one thing leads to an other. What was supposed to be a 1 year build, is turning into a 3 year plus project. My fault. I just can't seem to leave any stone unturned. No regrets though! But I can't wait to see the car in paint. And a 350 was never an option.:D Glad you're enjoying the build!

23. j hansen

j hansen

The paint code is Volvo 019 ,its really a nice black paint.
    Apperently I said something very funny in English,(i have to read on the can)
    Please tell me where i did wrong.
    I can take it ,im a big boy.

Attached Files:

24. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the paint code mr Hansen. With "I have to read on the can" I think they mean "I have to read on the toilet".:D

25. j hansen

j hansen

My face is red whith shame,but thanks for the explanation.
    It will never happen again.

26. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Which is a time honored tradition here in the states....there is always reading material in my can! Also known as the head, the crapper, the throne room, the reading room, the john, or the toity, the little boys room, and last but not least the $hit house.:eek:

27. farmer12

farmer12

This is going to be the last update for the next week and a half, as I'm going to be busy with work and exams. I simply won't have much time.

Finished off a garnish moulding. Nothing exciting but it still had to be done.:D

Attached Files:

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Painter friend of mine said that the black is most challenging color to spray,everything must be perfect when spraying it,but i think its not a problem in this case.

29. farmer12

farmer12

My painter simply said, "if it's not straight, I won't paint it. Black or any other colour". This I like.:D

30. farmer12

farmer12

Just spent the last few hours with Mark (Fjant here on the Hamb) in his garage in Gothenburg, Sweden. He's building himself what will be an awesome 32 Plymouth, running a 360 and an 833 4 speed eventually. Keeping it all Mopar. He's sharing the garage with a few guys who are also into the old hot rods. Mark took his time to show us around and explain everything in detail. What a great guy. Thanks again Mark! :D

Attached Files: