Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 Plymouth Auxiliary Seat Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe Crazy, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

Figured I'd start a thread and share the ride of the restoration. It will be a long time in the making. I finally got a big enough chunk of time today to get something done with a friend of mine. We got the front clip off, and the engine and transmission out in 32 degree weather and celebrated with meatball parm heroes and brewskis. Here's a before and during shot. The batteries in the camera went dead so I'll post some more pix when I get a chance. With the front clip off, I'm fighting the temptation to make a real hot rod out of it. Damn does it look cool.

Attached Files:

2. 41 C28

41 C28

Great looking old Mopar. What engine are you planning to run?

3. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

Cool! I'll be keeping a close eye on your build as I am just starting a 40'. Please keep the posts and pics coming. What are your plans?

4. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

mopar way to go keeping a live.

5. Keep us posted, 'can't get enuff of these early MOPARs.

6. 41plym

41plym

Looking Good
    41plym

7. farmer12

farmer12

Certainly looking cool. Great to see you've started a build thread. I know it has been asked before, but what are the plans? Can't wait to see some more pics. Good luck, these are fantastic cars!

8. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

The plan is to make a 50's hot rod / sleeper out of it. Meaning, exterior and interior pretty much stock with the exception of some wider white wall meats and a slight lowering. But replace drivetrain with a 327 chebby with a roller cam (see thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532702), a 5 speed overdrive Tremec TKO 600, and a 3.73 Ford 8.8 limited slip rear. OK, the stick coming out of the floor might be a slight give away.

I had originally wanted to go with a small fuel injected hemi to make the project Chrysler correct but, funds and versatility shook me out of that idea. I figured I could build several sbc's for the same money and get reasonable performance and good mileage for traveling with this combo. Unlike other car projects I've had, I would like to drive this one a lot.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011