Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 41 Ford Tudor Deluxe mirrors that work

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyvolt, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Hyvolt

Hyvolt

Looking for some suggestions on a set of mirrors for my car. I have the curved 4 in peep mirrors and they are almost useless. Been looking through the 41-48 thread, but I’d like to know what works. Trying to get the small things dialed in for a more useable car. What did the original style look like

Thanks
    IMG_0659.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Get a set of these and mount them on the doors by the vent windows.

Pair Universal Side View Mirrors 4'' Stainless Swan Neck Style Ford Dodge Chevy | eBay

I had a set of the cowl-mount mirrors on my avatar when I bought it, those were totally worthless; you couldn't even see the passenger-side mirror from inside the car. The clamp-on style like what you have is no better. Pay attention to exactly where you mount these and they'll work good on both sides. You do have to drill holes, but that's the price to be paid to have functional mirrors.

And these are virtually the same ones as sold by others for double or more money.

Jalopy Joker and olscrounger like this.
  3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^ This--we do the same on all 40 Fords- on 40's we mount them in them triangle area between the corner of the vent wing and the belt line--right about the center of that triangle area

4. Hyvolt

Hyvolt

Thanks ! Trying to get the small stuff dialed in. This helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app