Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 ford frame help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by legend, Jul 12, 2010.

  1. legend
    Joined: Oct 4, 2007
    Posts: 198

    from Irwin PA

    Does anyone know where I can find an X-member kit for 41-48 Ford frames. I'm looking to installing one this fall to allow me to remove the transmission with out pulling the moter. Are there one that don't require the body to be removed?
  2. The '41 x-member is different than the 46-8. The 46-8 has a riveted piece on the bottom. The '41 doesn't have this.
  3. HOT40ROD
    Joined: Jun 16, 2006
    Posts: 961

    from Easton, Pa

    Chassis Engineering has the has the trans ont for both style frame. Most 41 have the welded center section of the X frame. Some of the later ones were riveted, You just need to know which one you have.

    They have the mount for the Ford C4 and the Chevy turbo 350. They also have one for the turbo 700R4 but only for the riveted style center section.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.