Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 ford drum brake removal help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eltoolo, Jun 3, 2005.

1. eltoolo

eltoolo

Im having no luck getting my rear brake drums of my 41. I dont think they have ever been off the axle.Ive tried spraying the area around the lugs with penatrating oil and tapped it with a hammer but the thing wont budge. Would heating it up help and do I have to worry about warping the drum. Any advise would be great. thanks..

2. Mart

Mart

There was a similar post recently on the main forum on this subject. This section is for questions about the forum.
    Mart.

3. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57299

4. I would advise you to do an intro and after that use the main forum to ask technical questions.

5. eltoolo

eltoolo

sorry for posting in the wrong place. kind of new here didnt meen to make any one mad.. Just had a question i guess I will handle it on my own thanks...

bill5557 likes this.
  6. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Hey, hey, hey. No one is getting mad. They are just pointing out that the question your asking would normally be brought up on the "GENERAL DISCUSION" section.

If you click on the links listed in the replies above; you will find your question has been under discusion for several days now.

The introduction "dig" is normal; give a quick one on the top of the General Discusion page.

Other than that; WELCOME!

7. Like Digger Dave and others have said: no one's getting on your case. I would never look at this section of the board because its used for questions regarding the usage of this board, not car related questions. Those belong in the general discussion section.

I only looked at this because I own a 41 Pickup and anytime I see the number 41, my eyes just get drawn to the post. :)

Oh, and um... You have disengaged the parking brake, right? :)

Mike