Register now to get rid of these ads!

****41 ford chop....shop build pics ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Aug 11, 2010.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms

This is going to be fun to watch the '41 come together. Jeff has some kool ideas that I can't wait to see come to life. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Happy Trails, Mick

2. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

thanks RIK, , I'm very excited about getting this car going, it's time has come !!

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

Hell yes,go man go!!!

4. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

OH ,BOY, now what ?

Attached Files:

5. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

it's rolling along now, big steps coming soon. Man the doors sure looks funny of the car, lets you see just how much the chop changed the window size.

Attached Files:

6. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Looking good man. Cant wait to see it together.

So you are going for a late 40s early 50s styled tail dragger with this? if so, bravo, i honestly dont think these cars look good in any other way :eek:

7. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking Great .
    Got to get off my butt and make the short drive up to see it in person.
    Need to pick up some Ks. beer also.

8. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

working metal today

Attached Files:

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms

Looks like ya get'n stuff done. I should have done a road trip today to slow
    ya down. Luk'n very kool!

10. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

and info for the guy in denver that this car was bought from, you don't have to spread red spotputty over all the bare metal before you prime or put bondo on, the whole car was smeared with this stufft
    then bondo and primer , it was a mess, but problem solved now.

11. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

I got alittle mud spred and the inside is all por 15. I will let this stinky stuff dry all night while I go sleep a few hrs. shooting for anouther 6 am to as late as I can go day tomarrow and the rest of the week, to make the best use of my days this week for my vacation!! woo hew, exciting life I live....

12. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

not a bad days work, stripped all the primer, spotputty and junk off got some metal work done, started a lil mud work and por 15 the inside.

Attached Files:

13. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow i have got to get by and check out the progress.

14. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

wow...excellent work jeff

15. hvychvy

hvychvy

Sweet Jeff, can't wait till I can check it out again!

16. sololobo

sololobo

Wow, I see this is an older post, but just seeing it for the first time. The Caddy grill is so awesome. Sure this isn't 1950? Jeff, your work is the real deal bro. Beatnicks rock!! ~sololobo~

17. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

I am on vacation this week but , working crazy hours on this 41, getting alot done.It feels good, i am ready to get this car done.

Attached Files:

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms

I was hoping to drive up to check it out before ya get it done. This weekend maybe
    too late.. Keep enjoy'n vacation, I know your having a blast.

Happy Trails, Mick

19. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

come on down mick, anytime. If your not hung over maybe sunday would be good, we can do breakfast....

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms

Kool, I'll be over Sunday.,

21. glassguy

glassguy

man seeing all that mud made me cringe!! thats just the worst part to me, it makes all that metel work seem like fun in comparison.. at this stage of the biuld is when i wish i had a flunky!!! looks awesome man..

22. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

Alot of people cringe at the mud work, it's not my favorite thing , so I just buckle down and get it over with as soon as possible. I've only used a gallon on the whole car so far, which ain't bad cause over half that ends up on the floor, it's not thick just skim coats over all the welds, sure beats not useing it and haveing a lumpy car! I took over an inch thick bondo and spotputty out of the fenders, spend a couple hours with a hammer and dolly, and I bet it's only and 1/8 " now. there was a dent in the deck lid that had it 3 " thick! I worked that dent out and it barely needed any filler. back to work......

23. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeff you made the mud work look easy .Thanks for the cold drink and good conversation .
    Your are right we need to figure out a way to show people the skills of the builders in the middle of the states. Maybe this is one way.:rolleyes:

24. Bilt

Bilt

Looks awesome kid!!!! By the way....I wasn't sure if you knew this or not but vacation means you don't go to work!!!

25. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

I look foreward to the week between christmas and new years every year, we close the shop and I get to work the whole week without too mant interuptions. Usually I chop a top, but this year I want to get this car going. It has turned into a really big project, as always, but roy the owner has been really kool about all the delays in the build, but now it's time to get this car rolling. Thanks for all the kind words, sure makes all the hard work flow much better when people appreciate your work.

26. McPhail

McPhail

this car has no flow....... you should probably give up on this one and work on old chevy trucks........

27. finkd

finkd
    Alliance Vendor

I would but ol chevy trucks are like a brick, and it takes alot more work to make them as kool as this car!! besides your bored with this ol truck anyway. LOL

28. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Iy is amazing how much mud they used back then rather than taking the time to get the dents out. But I guess it was the get them in and out attitude that so many have. It is good to see the progress on this . I an doing a 41 4 door for my father and I plan to make it a convertible sedan tail dragger. Anyway keep up the great work as always.

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms

I went on a small road trip yesterday.... Luks good!!!!

30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas
    from Gypsum, KS

Should have coordinated our trips, Mongo and I stopped by on Saturday.