Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 41 dodge, can't get steering wheel off.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trollst, Nov 11, 2019.

1. trollst

trollst
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, posted days ago, never did get the wheel off, even though I swore my best string of bad words at it. Opened up the floor, took all the panels out and slipped the cab over the offending wheel, getting the floor out was a chore and much bad language was involved. Brings me to a point that I ask, I wasn't gonna do this truck, but stupidity overcame me and I decided one more project, so here I go again. I swore I was done building cars, and as it happens, a close friend decided he liked this project better than I did, so cash changed hands and I was commissioned to build it the style I like with his full approval, he likes my other builds and is happy to let me have my way with the old girl.
    How many of you have fallen for the "it's my last time" and then have taken on another project? I'm looking forward to this, but at the same time, I'm not. DSC07346.JPG DSC07355.JPG DSC07350.JPG

2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Dem
    Old
    Dudes
    Go
    Everywhere

trollst likes this.
  3. goldmountain

goldmountain

If you can't raise the bridge, lower the river.

4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper

Nice old Dodge! I'm one of those guys that swore not to build any more four wheelers and stick with building only Harley's. Now I'm using my Handy lift as a work bench to finish building my '46 pickup......... emoGroan.gif
    Thing is, I'm luvin it and have my eyes open for another jalopy project!
    Thinking it's some type of mental issue with me. :D

trollst likes this.

5. gene-koning

gene-koning

The truck I just got started on is my personal 3rd final build. I'll really get into it after I rebuild my coupe, would make the truck project my #4 final personal build?

The coupe was delayed because I had to help a guy out when he got in over his head with his project. This other guy's project was here before (also between #2 and #3 personal projects), but since its not one for me personally, I didn't count it in with the final 3, either time...

I can tell you its getting a lot harder building stuff for other people, even if the extra money is helping me on my own project. Time keeps slipping away, I keep getting older. Gene

trollst likes this.