Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneFineComet, Jan 20, 2011.

1. I was looking around online for a potential project and came across this 41 Chevy on craigslist. Im moving into a new place where im gonna have more working room and my Comet only needs minor stuff. Im looking for a REAL project. Price seems right but i wanna go take a look at it. Any thoughts? Anyone have anything similar?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2171116512.html

2. redsdad

redsdad

I have a 41 2 door sedan.

Even though it is a 4 door, since it is running, it is probably worth the price.

Remember, it has a splash and pray babbit beater.

You can get a lot of the parts from Chevs of the 40's and other places. Some of the stuff is not available and you will have to make it. These cars are great for hiding rust.

You can check out my build here:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=22619&page=1&reverse=1

3. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

For $1500 you are getting what?

A four door car that isn't in alot of demand. Two door sedans aren't a hot mover either.

A 216 motor with 3 on the tree. Will give a good ride but not the fastest. Will have your hands full to get to 65 on the highway.

Body needs alot of work. O.k. if it were a coupe but won't get your money back on a four door.

I have a two door that I lost interest in back 20 years ago. I wouldn't do it. If you are o.k. with it being a four door, find one in better shape.

Neal

4. aaggie

aaggie

Don't buy the first thing you find in your price range or just because it's old. Try to imagine what it will be like all fixed up and whether you would really like driving it.

It's sad but there are lots of good projects showing up for sale because people are hurting for money. Shop around and see what all is out there before making a decision.

Stay away from orphan cars that are hard to find parts for, try and stick with Fords or Chevys since there are plenty of new after market suppliers.

Good luck and take your time to build it right.

5. Wandering - Im not too conserned about how fast it goes. Im not gonna be opening it up on the highway. As for the 4 door, i like it. My Comet is a 4 door.

aaggie - Thanks for the info. Ive looked around quite a bit and this seems to be one i would like to do. I found a couple others i liked at the Pomona swap meet over the weekend so ive been looking for a bit. I try not to do things like this without thinking.

Im thinking something along the lines of this. I would change the rims and do a candy paint. Im just on the fence about a chop (Most likely wouldn't). When i look at a potential project, i picture it done. Im sure most people on here do that.

[​IMG]