Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 41 chevy deluxe outside door handle removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick bill, Oct 18, 2019.

1. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

ok as stated don't know how to get the door handle to come out so I can remove the latch assy.. latch pin doesn't pop out unless you pull it out . slides back in when the door is closed .help help HELP

2. if I remember right, open the door and look at the door jamb, in line with the handle. there should be a small hole. while looking into the hole, turn the handle till the head of the slotted screw is visible. unscrew it, take it out of the hole and the handle should pull out.

Dave Mc and Hnstray like this.
  3. 29moonshine

29moonshine

4. As tb33 said, that is how it worked on my 38 Chevy handles.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thnx . that was it but after removing it it still wouldn't budge . pulled , pried , nothing .thought there had to be something else holding it . shot some wd in the screw hole and it jumped out . should have tried it first. the latch spring was just caught up .cleaned it and working grt. now I don't have to drrve with the window down and my arm hanging out of the door to keep it closed !!

tb33anda3rd likes this.