Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 402 CU IN Flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Lover, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

3. Only $30k for a dyno tested mill w/ cpu :eek: And only $12k for a do it yourself kit :eek:

4. You could probably build an Ardun for that price!

5. GARY?

GARY?

a crate flathead.
    for someone, Not me.

6. Im amazed at the innovation and persistence to see it through.

No mention of the HP/TQ it makes though.

Anyone know ?

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I don't know.. It seems like taking a step forward and two steps back. Kinda like taking an LS engine and sticking SBC heads on there and adapting a Mag to work on it.

Interesting to see however.

8. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

It neat... But for that knida change you could build one mean ass REAL flathead. It;s cool that they made it work and all ...

9. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

10. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Seems to me to be the answer to a question nobody asked, or at least shouldn't have asked....

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

12. R Pope

R Pope

Some people just have too much spare time. That's the dumbest thing I've seen on the Hamb, ever!

13. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

14. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

The contact person is Dick Beith, I wonder if that is the same Dick Beith who ran E.T. Wheels in the late 60s, early 70s. Just askin'!

15. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Interesting concept, but for $30K, I would be building a Ford motor that moves the camshaft out of the block, not putting the valves back into it.....

[​IMG]

16. Ya gotta love america, we invent everything you ever wanted and even stuff you never knew you wanted. :rolleyes:

I think that there was an entire thread devoted to this thing last year and it was taboo to say any of the obvious negatives about the idea because the builder was someone special.

I am sure that someone will want it good for them.

17. PRICE is $30,000 for a Dyno-proven 402 Flathead with computer, wiring, pumps and accessories. Just install and go! Add $1,000 for 16 main bolt NASCAR block.
    I'll take two..................

18. scrubba

scrubba

I'll call the company, soon as I win the lottery................ scrubba

19. It is hard to believe all of the stuff that goes into this hobby. I would sure like to see one and hear it run. Now we are creating a flathead out of an OHV and have created an OHV out of a flathead. Only in America. This is great stuff. thanks for posting.

20. bobadame

bobadame

I wonder what crank and rods it uses. It would make sense to design around something that is already proven and available, something with 4 main bearings. Also better water pumps and an exhaust port for each cylinder. Other than the cost of this engine I think it's a great idea, A V8 water cooled giant Briggs and Stratton. Put a 6-71 on it and go raise some hell. I love it, but can't afford it.

OK, it's a Windsor block.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013

21. Did you even read the web site, or are just commenting?

He is using a Ford Windsor Block, like a 351 Ford block. These have 5 main bearings, and he's using a 4" stroke and a 4" bore. Crank and rods could come from a variety of sources in both cast and forged.

22. bobadame

bobadame

23. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I seen where someone is trying to resurrect the old Olds and Pontiac [before 9" Ford] rears, gonna be the new Fad for traditional builds and maybe they make a buck at it...Ya gotta Wanna..

24. GTOMUSTANG

GTOMUSTANG
    from ct

now its got me wondering, with all the coilpack covers for GM's LS engines...when will someone get around to making a coilpack cover that looks like a flathead ribbed head?

25. I may be interested in a repop olds rear. They repop quick changes as well.

26. I hope someone uses one of them. I'd love to hear it run etc.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

28. Because I can't lay my hands on an original olds rear.

Oh were you asking me? :D

29. Whatever. I like Flatheads but wont be buying one of these anytime soon. Just not my idea of sound spending.

30. Truckedup

Truckedup

Some of the coil covers look and function just like a front mounted distributor :D