Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 40 Ford Tudor window garnish removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Five.0Forty, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Five.0Forty

Five.0Forty
    from Oklahoma

Hi,
    I'm trying to remove the rear window garnishes in my 1940 Ford Tudor sedan. I have removed both of the screws at the top of the garnish but can't seem to get it to come loose. I'm really trying to be careful here because I intend to refinish and reuse the garnish. I'm hoping someone here knows something I'm missing.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

If they are like the ones in my 39 Tudor they sort of snap in as well as the screws, just tug lightly with your fingers down and out where the screws go in

Five.0Forty likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Yeah, I kinda remember some clips that snap to the backside of the moldings. Not sure if they push the molding up or down though. Try pushing the molding upward first and pull the bottom out at the same time. If that doesn't work, do the opposite. Sorry, it's been 35 years since I've removed my 40 tudor's moldings.

Five.0Forty likes this.
  4. Five.0Forty

Five.0Forty
    from Oklahoma

Well I got them off, there is one clip on each side. You can take a screw driver and depress the clip to release it. Where trim in the picture is laying is where the clips are located. Thanks for the help guys.
    100_3747.JPG 100_3745.JPG

5. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Thanks, I’d been wobbling and gently pulling for a while.