Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '40 Ford Tudor headliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Babar40, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Okay, I've got my perforated vinyl headliner hanging on the bows. It's straight and even and ready to attach front and rear. Now in the windshield opening there were staples in the metal. I've had the car a long time but never had a headliner in it. At the rear window the stapling or glue strips are still in place, but I don't know how I am going to attach it without bleeding glue through the perforations or causing puckering by stretching and stapling. My confusion also includes the front; was it just stapled in the windshield opening? Any clarification on this would be truly appreciated.

2. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I believe the front had a tack strip stapled to the metal. Most cars did. There will be a little bleed thru so don't use too much glue. The puckers won't be there if you stretch it right. On the front you probably need a tack strip too help fill the gap between the molding and the roof line. Check the fit of the molding to tell.

3. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Thanks 56. That makes sense to me now about a tack strip in the front. I'll check it out today.