Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '40 Ford Tudor glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thomasanonymous, May 31, 2018.

1. I bought this car a few years ago with the door and passenger glass in the trunk. There are two window channels with it. The regulators are still in the vehicle. I need a good diagram or exploded view of them to figure out how they work. Can anybody post a link or get me in the right direction?

2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

installing the rear side glass is quite interesting. Went thru this a few years ago and took a while to figure it out. I could never find info anywhere on installation. Hard to explain but finally figured it out. Took wife and I 1 1/2 hrs to do the 1st one-30 minutes for the next one. PM me

3. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

These procedures were written for earlier models, but the mechanism is the same for the 1940 rear windows.

Attached Files:

4. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

For those that might want a picture of the instructions shared by 4dFord/SC. I could have used this info when working on a 38 deluxe Sedan a few years ago.
    Page 1.JPG

Page 2.JPG

5. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Thanks 39guy, great info for many of us!

6. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

For the record, the instructions came from Ford V8 Cars and Trucks: Construction–Operation–Repair, by Victor W. Pagé, published in 1940. It's a great flathead resource, copies of which frequently appear on eBay.

7. I'm going to look for a copy at the Skillmàn Library in Detroit. Thanks.