Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 Ford Sedan "The Varmit" IS DONE! Successfully completed a Reliability Run

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dan Hay, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Thanks Ron. I'd love to drop in next time I'm in El Paso, but I haven't been through there in years. I usually fly to AZ.

2. r2c1

r2c1

Don't blame you. I only go there to work on the roadster. We'll get together soon. Next year I'll make sure to go to Goodguys out there. Say hi to the family for me. Ron

Dan Hay likes this.
  3. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

You Beat me!!
    40 looks great, sits really nice, great job.

Dan Hay likes this.
  4. Gotta ask, how's it drive with the lowered stance? any bad rubs? Looking great.

Dan Hay likes this.
  5. It drives like a lowered hot rod. Most of the suspension travel is in the seat. :).

It's not bad actually. The narrowed axle is the key. It's only rubbed once on lock turning into a driveway, and that wasn't much. Because the tires are tucked it looks lower than it is. I was parked next to a Toyota the other day and my car had just about the same amount of ground clearance as a corolla. It's very driveable.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. A little tip you might consider, paint the inside of the roof with some rustoleum white paint from a can. It makes it less cave like in an unfinished car and the investment is only a few bucks and some foam brushes.

redzula likes this.
  7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Persistent pays. I bet that felt awesome. Happy for you. Congratulations on a job well done.

Dan Hay likes this.
  8. I really never thought It would run. Seems surreal. I gotta get side glass in it so the kids will ride.

straykatkustoms and koolkemp like this.
  9. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Congratulations Dan! Now see if you can wear those tires out in short order.

Dan Hay likes this.
  10. You started the thread in 2012, four years of part time work and you got yourself a cool car that you built. Something to be proud of.

gonzo and Dan Hay like this.
  11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Saw it in person at Pointview at couple weeks back, cool car !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dan Hay likes this.
  12. allanjon

allanjon

13. allanjon

allanjon

I have a 39 Ford 2 dr coupe, patch panels done, just staarted frame. Whats with the 56 Truck is it for sale?

14. I bought this car in 2012, so that's the last time I saw the 56 Ford truck. I have no idea what happened to all the other cars.