Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures 40 ford sales video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

True enough that the '40 was an improvement over earlier models for the average American driver. The "3 on the tree" gear shift lever greatly opened up the use of the center of the front seat, the new ventilation system helped in hot weather, and the sealed beam lights were a huge improvement in safety for night driving. Looks are a matter of personal perception, but for my preferences, I do like the ,40's looks more than the 2 preceding years and all the later Fords through the '48.
    However, for hot rods and fast gear shifting, most people prefer a floor shift, and the "wide 5" wheels of the '37-'39s were stronger when used for carrying heavy loads of 'shine.:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Thank you. I really enjoy those old sales videos. We live in a different time. DAMMIT!

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great video--note no knobs on ashtrays and the headlight bezels look like stds that are chromed--early prototype?

lothiandon1940 likes this.