Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 Ford rearend question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 343w, Mar 6, 2011.

1. 343w

343w

Can someone tell me the distance that the axle center is infront of the rear spring center bolt. I'm using a 40 rearend in my 32 tudor build, and I'm about to weld in the flatened 40 rear crossmember, the rearend I'm getting is 45 miles away and I can't get it till next weekend. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. barry wny

barry wny

I could go check one of mine, used to know but can't remember so long anymore. But I wouldn't risk doing it that way, i would wait until you get the torque tube coupled up to find out where the spring lands. I don't know if the tube will work out right length so the wheel will end up in the fender center?
    Model A frame, but I adjusted my tube length first, bolted up my crossmember to the spring, then fit it to the frame.

3. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

I just went outside and measured. ---- 7.25 inches from center of centerbolt in spring to center of the banjo.

4. 343w

343w

Thanks for the info guys, it will make it easier this week to get started putting the forthy x-member in place, I'm just tacking it together first, so if it needs tweeking later it shouldn't matter.