Register now to get rid of these ads!

'40 Ford Nerf Bar Pics Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Ok boys and girls, the '40 Ford Coupe is getting close. Should be on the road by March. It's a '40 Standard with a '39 DeLuxe Grille and Hood.

Started thinking that I want to 86 the bumpers and go with nerf bars. Any and all Nerf Bar pics would be greatly appreciated to get the brain working to start bending some tubing. Front and back please...........

Here's how she currently sits:

Attached Files:

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Here's mine that I made for my 39 Ford

Attached Files:

3. seldom scene

seldom scene

go to www.suede37.com. then on the left of page look at barons hodown showdon....check out the purple 40 sedan for nerf bars.

4. DrJ

DrJ

I think the front end of a '39-'40 Fords look good with nerf bars but the back end, the way it just comes down off the trunk and the sheet metal just stops, square to the world, looks like the bottom edge of a Hoover vacuum cleaner, and needs a bumper to hide it's lack of resolution.
    Since I like the same resolve on both ends, if I wanted nerf bars on the front I'd definitely put them on the back too but I'd roll the rear pan and fenders to compliment the the front is rolled under on the Ford.
    See how '40 GM cars are in the rear, among others for what Im visualizing as rolled..