Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 Ford 16" Wheels..... ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tank, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Tank

Tank

Ive been collecting 40 Ford 16s for a while now. I know original real 40s are 4" wide, and the later -48s are 4 1/2" wide. Seems to be around 3 different styles of them. I picked one up the other day that looks just like a 40 4" wheel only problem is when I got it home its only 3 1/2" wide. Did I pick up a 40 V-8 60 wheel? The guy I got it from only had 1. Kinda curious now.

2. I have been told that the 3 1/2's are rare, and I think you are on the right track with it being a V8 60 wheel.

I think I remember a couple of guys looking for them on here. Do a search .

CBB

3. KiwiTonto

KiwiTonto

Have been collecting a few myself. Never came across any 3 1/2's tho. ??

4. Tank

Tank

Thinking it would be a 1 year only wheel if thats what it is. 39 would be a wide 5, and 41 would be a 4 1/2" wheel. Now I want to find another one.....

5. Tank

Tank

Im gonna have to go back to his place and see if I can dig out the other one...

6. Tank

Tank

I paid $20 for mine and didn't know what I had until I got home. I thought it was a 4" wheel. I have to go back to his place sometime and get the rest of the stuff I bought anyways.

7. thequietwon

thequietwon

I have just started collecting 16" ford steel wheels, and have several with a stepped inner rim, and a couple with a "radius" inner rim. My question...were 16x4's uses as spares in later years? I bought a couple off some F1 trucks that were supposed to be original, and the spares in both of them were 4" wide. I had thought that 4" width was 40 only?
    thanks...
    sam