Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 40 Dodge and 41 Plymouth interchange?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desertratrodder, Nov 21, 2008.

1. I have a 40 Dodge Coupe and found a 41 Plymouth Coupe for a possible parts donor, if the following parts interchange, or can be made to work..

Doors, Door hardware, latches, etc, trunk lid, glass.

I have not seen the plymouth yet, I want to see if its worth the trip out to go see it.

Thanks!

2. George

George

Can't say on those, but I have a 47 Dodge & 48 Plym. The Dodge stuff is a little bigger than the plym stuff on mine.

3. 73RR

73RR

Probably not much for direct interchange. They were distinctly different companys in the old days.
    Check with www.plymouthdoctor.com

4. I'll have a look, thanks.

5. drpushbutton

drpushbutton
    from Kansas

I have made comparison on 40 vs. 41 Plymouth stuff. These basic features hold true for Dodges too. The 41's have alligator hoods (hinged at the firewall) and the trunk lids on 41's used different hinges. I believe the rear window, doors/hardware are the same.
    40 and 41 Dodges were 119.5 wheelbase and 40/41 Plymouths were 117.5 so the front fenders are most likely different.

Good Luck