Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 40-2000 valve covers; Cal Custom???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Apr 3, 2019.

1. atch

atch

I've got a pair of SBC finned valve covers that actually have "Cal Custom" cast into the inside. This is not the pair in question. These are pristine/perfect fwiw.

Now for the question: I have another set that look identical, but do NOT have Cal Custom cast into the inside. What they do have is "40-2000" and "JAPAN" cast into the insides. I've Googled and searched here to no avail. I have found e-bay listings that include both "Cal Custom" and "40-2000" in the listing. Does anyone know FOR SURE whether these are or are not actually Cal Custom valve covers?

b-t-w; these are not for sale and won't be until my survivors sell them off after I'm gone, which I plan to be many years into the future.

I'm in the process of organizing my shop and have found valve covers all over the place. I'm consolidating them and hanging them side-by-side on the wall in a row up near the ceiling. I'm amazed at the stuff I'm finding, much of which I didn't even remember buying or having.

2. Jokester

Jokester

Part number is the same. CC originally made them in California. They later re-sourced (cheaper to make) them from Japan. I don't know if there is a quality difference, but I really like my Gardenia, California ones.

.bjb

3. atch

atch

So; are these actually Cal Custom, but made in Japan and not in California?

4. atch

atch

Anyone on the day shift know?

5. I think the Japan made ones had an arrow or pointed design around the bolt holes ????.