Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 4 speed pto trans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vanness, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Vanness

Vanness

Cleaning garage. Anything worth saving from an f2 four speed truck trans w pto? It’s a big heavy unit ....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. rusty valley

rusty valley

there were some later ones that were synchronized, guys will buy them, sorry i dont have any id #'s, but even the straight gear jobby's have the bolt on hogs head that is used for adapting newer trans to the flathead. saleable item

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hogshead depends on the year. If it has one its worth something to guys wanting to run a T-5 behind a flathead. The PTO unit is worth something to the right buyer. Like Rusty said if its got syncros its worth something to the big truck guys. Suggest you check over on the FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiast) forum.

4. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

It's like anything, the longer you own it the less it's worth BUT the minute after you sell it it's worth it's weight in gold ;)

Vanness, Bubba1955 and Texas Webb like this.

5. Ain't that right.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some big truck restorer may want it. Of course a guy can always unbolt the pto and bolt a cover plate on in it's place to put it in a pickup.
    I'd post it in the Ford Barn classifieds and see if someone bites. I paid 50 for a nice one with hogshead a couple of years ago that didn't have a PTO. Had another one come with the F-1 chassis I bought Saturday to cannibalize for my Model A V8 project.

7. The non-synchro trans is worth being scrap iron. But the bellhousing adapter is useful, and worth money. As stated it is used to mount the T-5 or similar newer trans behind a flathead.

8. Mac VP

Mac VP

It MIGHT have some value for the gears......if they aren’t worn or pitted. We buy the gears from time to time when they were close to new condition. It’s much cheaper to ship if they’re separated from the gearbox. You can remove the shifter housing and look inside (gear oil drained of course). Check out the teeth......if anything more than slightly rounded off, they’re probably not worth saving. If they’re good, it’s worth pulling the thing apart to sell the internals to us.