Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 Hurst Olds stolen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5quart, Aug 9, 2009.

1. 5quart

5quart
    from NJ

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but everyone should see it- thanks Don PS i dont have the pics- go to :mad: http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/1313283238.html
    On the morning of August 8th, multiple Hurst/Olds were stolen from the parking lot of the hotel that was hosting the club's national meet in Indy. Anyone who has any information, whether it is hearing of parts becoming available, or seeing a posting for one for sale, please call the police and/or notify us with whatever you may have. These cars were 1979, 1983 and 1984 models. The photos below are not the actual cars stolen but identical in looks.

If you go to car shows, cruises or flea markets, please keep this in mind. It wasn't your car this time, but it could be the next time. Wouldn't you want everyone helping out? The cars were taken from the Wingate Hotel on Rockville road in Indy. Thank you for any help. If you are in a different city and seeing this ad, please copy and paste to other locations.

Thank you from the Hurst/Olds Club of America
    Hurstolds.com

2. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I hate a friggin theif!

3. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

That really sucks too, I heard that on the news last night. I sure hope they find who did this. They say there was few security cameras around that may see who it was.
    Let's keep our eyes open.

4. 3 cars at once? Definitely a planned rip off most likely to order. I bet they are in a trailer headed south of the border or in a container for over seas.

5. Death Trap13

Death Trap13

Strange, seems like it would be hard to move that kind of stuff. Sucks to hear though.

6. Crap, the older one MIGHT belong to a pal, any idea what states they were from?

7. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

will keep eye open around chicago area

8. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

My Aunts is tucked neatly in her garage. Why didnt they just steal the lightning rods, its the only cool part anyways. Sometimes i think that the third world countrys have their justice system figured out. Oh you stole something douchebag? Well guess what were guna cut your hands off. Yep you sure wont do that again.

9. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

10. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

NEVER leave a G body unattended anywhere near Rockville road.

They're not on a container, they're being stripped for donks. Take it from a guy that's been down rockville a thousand times in a real nice G body. Who's lookin and how hard they're lookin tells the real story

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Clean G-Bodys sitting in a parking lot overnight and unattended in Indianapolis....wow,someone dropped the ball on gaurd-duty...WTF were they thinking???

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

could this be the 84?
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/1313283238.html

just got listed today..in Detroit

it jumped off the page at me so i thought i would put it out there

its just not something you see everyday up in this area, especially in that nice of condition

13. Fenders

Fenders

"The hotel does have surveillance video however police are not releasing it yet. "

Maybe the cops will wait til the cars are stripped, then release it?
    Assholes.

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

you know

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  15. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Damn... for a second there I thought they stole some pretty ones from the 60's... turned out to be some crap from the 80's...

j/k -that was cold.

Hope they find who did it and find the cars more importantly.

16. The news article said a bunch of guys jumped out of a white truck. Wonder if it,s that white Dodge that seems to be at many car thefts.....

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

funny you say that
    I had the same feeling
    go look at this thread..post #5
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387601

18. I just woke up and read this, makes me sick to think, What if it were my car and who do I have to kill today.

19. swi66

swi66

Awhile ago, a hotel I was staying at for the All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle had a car stolen from the parking lot. The police station was just down the street!
    This hotel it turned out has no concern, though they charge premium rates during event weekends, they have NO outdoor security.

In case you do not know, surveilance cameras are NOT for the protection of the guests, they are for the protection of hotel property. Same with store surveilance, if your car is broken into at Wal Marts parking lot, they are not concerned in the least.

The car that was stolen from the Carlisle hotel was recovered, no thanks to the actions of the police investigators, it was due to the persistance of the owner and a network of enthusiasts, and the publicity generated through Mopar Collectors Guide magazine.

20. That is to bad. I am always worried about this. I constantly think about it happening to my cars. I used to live in a bad neighbrhood and get my stuff stolen all the time but never a Hurst/Olds that is to bad.

21. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

Those cars are long gone. By now they've been "donk'd" and are being driven around by a drug dealer.

22. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

I love people who can't actually earn anything they have. The only way these people get anything in life is off the backs of hardworking people/government handouts. I hope the cars are found and people are held responsible, but I have to remember how the real world works! Sorry for the Rant back to work now.

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

never know
    I posted one for sale right after these were snatched on Detroits cragslist..(on page one this thread)
    if it were my car i'd be calling each one of these sellers, and asking for a car fax report..the vin number comes right up on them and who was the last owner..if they didnt comply or the number matched the stolen property..I would be making a road trip

24. argh ! low-life thiefs !

25. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I read that one was recovered, stripped of the interior and chrome. Body had been spray painted black. Drivetrain was intact.

26. mj40's

mj40's

There was also a 1967 Nova (Novastar) was stolen from the fairgrounds at Hot August Nights in Reno, Nevada on 8/9/2009. The car was loaded in a black mirage car which was taken and found by the Vacaville police in California. The trailer was empty and had been stripped of everything, including the Nova. This car has been seen by many people as it toured the west coast show circuit in 2008 quickly becoming a crowd favorite and received many awards. If you have any information on this car please contact the Vacaville Police Department in California

Cadillac Northstar engine
    4l60E transmission
    Speedway Quickchange rearend
    Colorado Custom Rims

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1326016317.html

Attached Files:

27. And that's why I stay at hotels with no hallways. I try to get a room at a joint that has all the rooms facing the parking lot, and a "party" type crowd. The "party" type crowd will hang in the lot til late, and discourage a would-be thief