Register now to get rid of these ads!

4" drop for my A pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norris McCarty, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

I'd like to drop my '30 A pickup about 4". What front axle would be a bolt in? What's the best way to drop the stock rear 3" or so?

Attached Files:

2. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Chassis engineering axle would bolt in or have one of the Hambers in the Hamb-o-dex drop your axle for you. Lower the back by reverse eye spring and some longer shackles and a panhard.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You can't really install longer shackles on a stock Model A, the stock ones will tounch the axle housing if the bushings are worn through.

Take a few leaves out of the rear spring, and add a couple sacks of Redi-Mix to the bed. That'll lower the tail and it's adjustable too. Add or subtract Redi-Mix.

4. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Actually I think the CE axle is a little narrower, so you couldn't use your stock wishbones without splitting them. It also requires a slightly shorter front spring. Maybe the Superbell is the same size?

Bill

5. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

Was hoping for an axle with a 4" drop that would fit my spindles, wishbone and all. I don't really want to have my stock axle dropped as I might want to go back to it some day. Also would rather use the original front spring. The truck drives like a dream compared to most As I've driven.
    Thanks