Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 4 cylinder mercruiser-engined cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dennis g, Oct 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. David Chandler

David Chandler

A 151 S10 engine might be an option. I considered it, as I owned one for quite some time. Cross flow head, roller cam. The TBI intake I think could be easily adapted to a carburetor; as there is a lot of room under the injector, where the EGR get's dumped into a troth around the riser. It's also a water heated intake. I was told an early Monza distributor would swap to eliminate the computer controls. At one time a recall seeing adapters to mount to a turbo 350 trans. I assume they used a BOP bellhousing pattern, but I could be wrong. A Fiero high volume oil pump fits too. They had a rear sump pan as well. I considered swapping the crank for a longer stroke too. I was told it could be done, and I was told it couldn't be done. Take your pick! I don't recall the valve sizes, but it's probably possible to install bigger valves too. The only thing I noticed was the head casting looked as if the material didn't flow properly, on a similar one I had in a Buick. But it was not in a load bearing area, and it worked without a problem. I would think pistons, other than the stock dished ones could be found too. They had a 4 inch bore, if I remember right. The truck had an automatic with OD, although I don't know which one they used, but with 373 gears it was no slouch.
    Food for thought, if you can get one for next to nothing.

2. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

ere are 3 cam profiles that Erson worked out for me several years ago. # 1 is the mildest and # 3 is the one I got. Probably #1 is the best street cam. Note that these are bases on a 1.70 rocker ratio instead of the stock 1.75. I'm using big block roller rockers because I had some. I don't know how much difference the 0.05 would make.
    100_1910.jpg 100_1909.jpg 100_1908.jpg

3. sdluck

sdluck

2.85x1.75=490 lift

4. 34Phil

34Phil

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

6. 1932tub

1932tub

Thanks all for the camshaft info, really enjoying this thread.

7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada