Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 cars that wont be racing

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by mudflap261, Jan 16, 2009.

1. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

The okie outlaw sold to a guy in San Franciso The red baron sold to a guy in noble ok Ram Rods sold to a guy in ardmore ok and Speed Merchants team broke up I think ? That leaves the Hornet, Don Alexander,Joe Hamby,348/Roy Merritt to run the Tulsa series we were hopeing to have 6 to 8 cars per event . This is going to make sponsership moneya little harder to come by, BUT we shall endeavor to persevere. There is another car being built, but those two old farts work so slow, you have to draw a line around them to see if they are moving and they are both almost deaf, they yell a lot Thats all for now folks

2. ThingyM

ThingyM

Well it looks like the California guys picked up one more car. And the other 2 are still in Okieland, So you guys should still be in good shape..Not sure what Randy is going to do..The two old guys that move slow and yell alot..Are you talking about me and my buddy again.?? hehehe

3. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

NO they live in Tulsa BUTif the shoe fits

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

"Almost deaf"!!!.......Nah, just don't hear the stuff that annoys us.:D

AND WE DON'T YELL EITHER!!:p

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

What'd he say?!

6. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

Those two ole guys have been down the track once.....or twice, maybe more, me thinks.

7. 50ford

50ford
    from enid

I'm gettin a steering box from Chaddilac so I'll get to start my build. Gonna be slow though The build and the time slip (50 8ba stock with milled heads and hopefully 2 94s.) Will probably ask some questions regarding cage an front susp. set-up I'm gonna be runnin an international front end just tryin to see how I'm gonna tackle the spring set-up (don't wanna keep parralel leafs HEAVY) And 29 May is gonna get here quick!

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

hey , you guys can run with us too , the gasser schedule is posted on the tulsa website and we will run a nostalgia series all yr on one sat night a month , your cars will fit in it as well........sam

9. Godzilla

Godzilla

Rodan has a new owner...in Las Vegas.

10. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

Well let me clear a few things up. The Red Baron was sold to me. Todd Martin, of Mustang Oklahoma. I am doing a few thngs to make it faster and it will have a lighter driver than the last one. We will be racing at Tulsa being if I can ever get a hold of Bob H. he seem to get on the board but not anwser his phone. Mike Boyce said he cant hear the phone ring. I really look foward to hanging out with you guys. I will travel to any race anywere to help support the SDRA and HAMB drags as long as they do not conflict with my Pro Mod races. I hope to see all of you soon. By the way The Red Baron has been shot down. It will have a new name and colors soon.

11. Welcome sir, great to see you getting involved, and look forward to seeing more.

From my perspective, the cars may have been sold, but that just means we have more people 'in the fold', as the cars are still 'about', so all good bring on the racing:D:):D

Cheers,

Drewfus

12. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

Drewfus, thanks for the welcome. Look forward to meeting you.:D:eek:

13. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Hi Hemibaker! Welcome to the winter bench racing forum. I think that I have seen you race, the 53 or 54 studebaker? The one with Mike Boyce walking around it? We are all glad that the car stayed close to Tulsa. Joe

14. 348chevy

348chevy

Let's see with the Ex-Red Baron running, Joe with his big dyno numbers, The Hornet with a new light weight car boy this summer is going to be hot not from just the sun. Oh I almost forgot Ron Golden and Dwight will probably show up a few times so we are going to need thefire dept. on standby.:D:D Roy

15. ThingyM

ThingyM

Don't forget Roy,, A couple of us Cal. Boys are planning on making a race or two. We won't be the fastest, But we will get the long distance award MAYBE.......hahaha

16. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

Todd if you will pm your mailing address I will mail you a set of the new rules . IT is all most impossible to get BOB on the phone as he has a dial up computer and its always on. you can call me at 918 836 2255 or pm me your phone number and I will call you and get you up to speed. we have been talking to the promoter and he said if we could 8 cars together he would like use us as filler at some of his other shows . we have some other things we are working on ,but the stumbling block is not enough cars .my main function is raising money for our small purses .look forward to hearing from you MUDFLAP 261 AKA LARRY JONES

17. 348chevy

348chevy

I didn't mean to omit Don Alexander either and 2B and Cowboy Bob said they would be there for the Nitro Nationals. If the California guys come for a couple of races and the guy with the flathead can get it built by May 29th that would be 11 cars if they all showed up. I'm not sure if that is right but I ran out of fingers to count. If you guys come from California please bring me a couple of In and Out Burgers.:D Roy

18. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

Joe, I think we have talked a few times at Tulsa when I was racing the Pro Mod. I think I know what car is yours.

Larry I sent you a PM with all of my contact infor. Thanks for geting me the rules. I have two drivers for my car. Both are crew members on my Pro Mod. Robert Tenpenny(47) will be driving at the SDRA and Tulsa HAMB races. Robert has been with me for 12 plus years as my best bud and #1 crewman. Tyler Burkhiser (18) I have know him since the day he was born. His farther use to take me to the Spring Nationals at Tulsa when I was only 9 or so. Tyler will drive at the OKC races. If one of them is not able I will drive so we can make all of your shows. I am doing this because I feel they need something in return for helping me out all these years on my Funny Bike and on the Pro Mod. I also want them to know the guys that know drag racing from the early days and to know the roots of the sport I love.