Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 bbl throttle linkage...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwatson1953, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

in my '53 sedan i've got a 292 inline with an offy 4bbl intake and a carter fb 500 cfm full mechanical carb.
    i've got the linkage (cable) kind of set up,....for now at least. i'm not total happy with it. it sticks here and there. the car is not road worthy yet so the linkage is ok for now.

but i'd like to see some pics of some throttle linkage (solid or cable) set ups with 4 bbls and chevy inlines. i'd post a pic of mine, but my camera took a dump on me.

my biggest problem is that tha carb is mounted "sideways" so the throttle movement is sideways, not front to back.

let see what you've done...
    thanks

Chris

2. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

i know i'm not the only "inliner" running a 4bbl....

3. Twisted6

Twisted6

I hope these pic help with your set-up problem.

Attached Files:

4. Twisted6

Twisted6

I do have other pics if you need them. Just let me know.

Attached Files:

5. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

WOW, those are some crazy brackets...i dig it! thanks.
    yea, if you've got some other pictures that would be great too! anything helps.

6. Twisted6

Twisted6

They are made from 6061 Billet if you would have come across my web site you would have found they sometime ago. I just like you and many others needed away to hook-up the linkage to our L6s. And my 3x4 tunnel Ram intake is how this all came about.

7. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

i actually just went and checked out your site! sweet stuff! some of those intakes are sick! thanks for the picks and ideas.

8. Twisted6

Twisted6

Thanks cwatson1953

And your welcome (sick!) i hope thats a good thing. I sometimes do a lot of one offs ,If not for just myself for others as well. That is how
    I end up making more then one Because someone else hears about it
    Or see's it. So i do sometimes make a few of the One offs. Just because one never knows who may want what. Right?? And Other stuff is just to hard to keep in stock. Like the Engine company intakes, valve covers,side covers and so on. But They are the best in quality then most of our US. stuff which is pretty sad to say.
    But if i can be of any other help just fire away any time.

9. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

hey Larry... how about a pic of one of those nice carb mounts you sold me?

10. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

hehe, yea, i'm not sure where i picked up saying "thats sick"...us youngin's....hehe.

i'm gonna dig around your site some more and i may get back with you on some of your stuff.

thanks again!

Chris