Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 4 bar model A with mustang steering .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt t, Sep 4, 2016.

1. I am building a 4 bar set up for my model A 1930 CCPU and want to use Mustang steering .
    Does anyone have the center to center length of the 4 bars?
    I am aware that the steering box mount sets at the back of the 4 bar mount bracket.
    The truck will be full fendered.
    Thank you for your time
    Terry aka dirt t

2. BobF

BobF
    from Poway, CA

Hi Terry,
    I went out in the garage and measured the two on the pass side (easy access) and my P&J's early 80's set with the stang box mount and it is at 23 1/2" center to center on the 28 rdstr in the avatar.

3. Terry,I had a 4 bar and Mustang steering under my old 4 door deuce sedan.

Hopefully a photo is worth a thousand words. HRP

[​IMG]

alanp561 likes this.
  4. You guys are AWSOME!!!!!!!
    Thanks

5. Bob , how does your steering column / wheel fit for foot space and wheel position?

6. Wheeliedave

Wheeliedave

I installed a P & J four bar front end setup in my '29 A roadster in 1999. It has been driven since then and goes down the road straight as can be, as fast as you want. If you use a P & J pitman arm, just be sure you clock it in the correct position so you get maximum turning to the right and left (don't ask how I know). The steering wheel and column position are OK as well but I do use a flat steering wheel and the seat tray was moved back about 4 inches. The steering box/column assembly came out of a '65 Mustang.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app