Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 banger publication 1970s-80s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike budniewski, Mar 21, 2008.

1. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

can anyone tell me anything about a small publication that came out of mid ohio in the late 70s to early 80s ? i am trying to build some info on doing a early 4 banger for a vintage race car. thanks mike budniewski

2. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

3. Antique Auto Racing Assn. (AARA) published one called "Four Banger" during that time. Not much "tech", just vintage racing news. I'm doing the same thing as you, what info are you looking for? Do you get Secrets of Speed? F.A.S.T.?

4. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

i have only a few issues of sos. i have the aricles done in rod and custom in the late 60s early 70s. i also have the mark dees book. george riley book and most of the midget-sprint car books of the 80s till now.i just thought it would be neat to do an engine with a lot of homemade pieces parts.thanks mike

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think I have a box of those, purchased sight unseen from the title...I found them worthless because they were purely racing history; the right person would love them, but don't buy them for tech, because there ain't none...

6. Old School 40

Old School 40

Mike,you say youve got articals from 60s.im looking for anything about Louis Senter/Ansen Automotive 60s chevy nova four banger speed equipment such as crossflow head,valve cover,timing cover,have complete engine less intake .just would like more info.thanks Old School 40. PM me