Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 4-71 blower info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alaska Jim, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

Does anyone know of a book or some type of publication or article on how to take a stock 4-71 blower and modify it for gasoline automotive use? I am pretty sure that some if not all the clearances would be different than stock, maybe I am wrong. any help, and/or suggestions would be appreciated, as I have no prior experience rebuilding one . Thanks.---Jim

USMercUte and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

try mini-blowers.com

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

4. 270ci

270ci

There are several copies of the book, "Street Supercharging", a do-it-yourself-guide, by Pat Ganahl, on eBay right now. Get one.....it has everything you need to know to convert a 4-71 into a street performance blower, including rotor to rotor timing clearances, rotor to case clearances and a whole lot more.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Blues4U likes this.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Tim likes this.
  6. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

Thank you to all you fellows for all the help and advice, it is greatly appreciated. now to gather up the info and get to work on my blower for my roadster project. Thanks again everyone.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Been a while but I’ll echo pats book is good and there are some very good threads here on the hamb.

I have best luck searching on google with hamb added to the end of my query