Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 4.1/2 or 5 inch sanding disc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadgary, Aug 18, 2020.

1. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i have been buying these things for a long time at different places and after no time at all they start to curve in the middle i.e. they start to roll up on either side of the hole. how can you flatten them back down? i have tried to put heavy objects on top if their not to bad and that works. if they are to bad they will break in half. what's a guy to do?

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Excellent question. I'll be looking at the suggestions...

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a big batch of larger disks from a body man who had retired and was selling off all of his tools equipment and supplies. he had them sandwiched between two pieces of plywood with a piece of all thread and a wing nut holding it together. I think I still have some of them out in the shed in that setup.
    I haven't had a need to use them in the past few years but will have to dig them out pretty soon.

Hnstray and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

excellent. i will have to try that. i would guess if they are already curved you would have to go slow until it was flat without breaking them.