Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 3x2 SB fuel injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birds4ever, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Anyone know of a bolt on 3x2 SB chevy fuel injection system available?

2. Never heard of a 3x2 fuel injection system.

You are talking about a TPI type of injection with 3 deuces as throttle bodies? Or ?????

3. That would be an option. Putting in a new 350 crate and looking for options with the retro look. In the planning stage yet.

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I remember in the 80s buying a sbc 3x2 manifold with center carb being a 97 and the end carbs being scott injectors using 97 bases.

5. So tell me this, you want to run fuel injection as in electronic injection or you are just confused about it and think that 3 carbs is injection. I'm not being mean here, if one is not already up on the topic there is a learning curve.

If you are looking for a 3 two barrel setup Summit racing sells a nice bolt on setup. it doesn't look old school to someone who has been around for a while but it is your basic 3x2 and it works well.

hrm2k likes this.
  6. Casual 6

Casual 6
    from Great NW

7. Wow. Excellent find ! Can you imagine the debauchery one could do making this setup look "old"? Red fuel hoses, crustier not so fancy linkages, round/hexagonal fuel block, and whatever oxidation I could throw at the setup. Thanks for sharing. It's interesting tech'.......looks like they indeed like shiny though..... Yikes !!

New castings versus getting the older retro-fitted......which was what I was aware of.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I think I would just stop here. Maybe I can order mine laundry tumbled, and outhouse soaked.

I like this kind of shit merely for the ease of running today's rat crap gas. That's it, nothing less. I get tired of jacking with carburetors....teflon upgraded parts and all. Just an excuse to let the damn things sit. Rather be driving.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I was also going to mention Autotrend EFI that @Casual 6 posted. I don't see it listed on their site, but they also make a Stromberg 97 looking 3x2 EFI setup.

Malcolm

9. I haven't read the page but I am assuming that those are throttle bodies, in which case they will need too much fuel pressure for red fuel hoses. ;)

10. Correct. Mine would have them though. I couldn't run a stromberg "looking" FI setup unless it really was "stromberg looking". You understand. Usted es demasiado machista , lo sé. ¿No deberíamos estar todos ? Amen !!! ;)

11. no soy tengo tanto machismo, pues. Claro si tu fueras hembra. . . Ja, Ja, Ja

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. :) no woman here. haha

I just never understood those that attempt a "representation/clone/copy/fake" without really making the attempt to pull it off. Why tell a fib, if one cannot lie ? No disrespect to the company, I would just choose to modify my representation of clearly theirs. Too proud otherwise....that's my best translation. Too new looking, to mirror that much old.

13. belair

belair

That J-2 is awesome looking.

14. The problem that some of us have is that we have too much love for the obsolete to basterdize it.

Nothing wrong with something new but why try and make it look old. se dice, "no se puede tener pollo en la olla y el coral."

That said I still don't know if the OP wants EFI that looks like 3 deuces or 3 deuces and just didn't know how to say it. If he wants EFI that's cool but it would be a shame to steer him toward an EFI if he really wanted 3 deuces.

15. lol understood....and agreeable.

16. Eres latino o solo habla por andar por Texas?

Sorry to hijack fellas we are bonding. :D

17. Like what I see sofar. love to hear from a user how it performs for them.
    No more taping on the thing for hung up needles and seats, no more adjustments with the changing weather, the end to constant and endless fiddling.
    I likeeee.

18. No worries p&b. I did not communicate my needs very well at all. Thanks for the help. I see another post that has just what I'm looking for. Be well.

19. Actually sometimes I just don't understand well. ;)

20. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

2many projects,
    I had forgotten about the float sticking. I had what I referred to as my "carburetor rock" behind the seat of my Pontiac.
    Fun times.
    I put a Megasquirt throttle body set up on my son's Chrysler 383 and now there is no going back.
    What I'm seeing here is pretty much what I want to do when/if I get the 421 tri power back into a vehicle.

21. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Want red hose? Make some steel lines with long sweeping bends to hook up your ratty corroded old fuel block and just slide a piece of red hose over the outside before you make the double flare for your inverted flare fittings. A few old screw and nut hose clamps on the ends of the hoses and there you are, red hoses that will stand whatever pressure you can make. Another little fib to help promote the lie.

22. I have discovered over the years that sticking floats can be avoided by proper maintenance. Of course a rock or screw driver handle or 3 pound ball peen will do in a pinch. :)

23. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Years ago R&C (?) had an article about converting carbs to EFI. basically drilled out the float bowl and hid the injectors in there. I also recall Mooneyes had a complete 3 carb EFI system at one point but sold it to......... ?

24. I want a flying toilet. Just because I like the name. :D

25. MightyTim

MightyTim

There's a company that makes TBIs that look like strombergs. But they are stupidly expensive, he wanted $6k to build a system. I have seen what you're looking for but it was always custom one off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

Now they need one that looks like a Man-A-Fre set up.

larry k likes this.
  27. nukeman

nukeman
    from Michigan

loudbang likes this.
  28. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

Thanks for the pics and link! I had search before, but never found anything.

It's interesting. At least it goes straight into each port, but it seems overly complicated?? Also not sure if there would be any issue with the components being under the intake and in the valley? Especially electronic connections, injectors, and fuel lines. A splash/heat shield could be put in place, but the oil and heat sink seems like it might be a problem. Again only thinking out loud here. Could work fine.