Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3X2 Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Merlin, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm slowly putting gathering parts and such for a 3x2 setup and am wondering if there is any reading material on the setup and adjusting of 3 carb systems? Any recommendations?

2. 48stude

48stude

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

It would help if you would let us know what carburetors you are using.
    KK

4. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Rochester 2G's

5. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Google tripower 2G.

The problem is that you will find 10 sites with 10 different setup recommendations.

6. Factory style with factory parts is as easy as it gets.
    Venture off that path and you better know because if you ask 3 people you'll get 9 answers

7. ^^^^^ TRUE DAT!

8. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I know right, I was hoping there was a book of sorts that might help.

9. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Here is answer number 9...not in a factory tri-power book or a dvd. The vacuum hoses need small hose clamps. They will eventually come off with pressure, if you step on it a lot, like in racing. When that happens, it is not a serious thing, but you won't have max power. Mechanical linkage is fine, but you use a lot of the outside carbs and use up gas. But at .25 cents per gallon in 1958, gas was not a problem. It was just bothersome and if you did not like to lose or be without max power when you needed it the most. The center carb works, the outside two do not...
    Jnaki

10. carbking

carbking

11. I am running an Edelbrock C355 with 3- 2G's from 283s. Back when all this stuff was plentiful I bought 3-2Gs from 1968 Buick Skylark with 350 and 2 speed. This combo had #49 Jets. not available from GM. My setup idles on all 6 barrels, spark plugs run sandy brown. I built a staggered linkage such that the 2 outer carbs do NOT begin to open until end of Accelerator pump stroke on center carb. All 3 carbs hit W.O.T. at same time. Measuring the throttle bores and doing the math this runs about 740 cfm. Somebody will complain that is NOT how to calculate 2 barrel cfm.
    After being influenced by Armchair Crew Chiefs I pulled this setup off my bracket car and replaced it with Edelbrock Torker and Holley 3310 780 and ran same E.T. & mph. I guess I had it running correct. It is now on my T Bucket and delivers 25 mpg. I would recommend get 1 carb with Choke House mounted high , on choke shaft, for the center carb and run choke. By the way, a 3 deuce setup at W.O.T. will add 6 inches to your manhood.

falcongeorge and 48stude like this.
  12. rjones35

rjones35

13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

rjones35 likes this.