Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3wlarry needs thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr. Mac, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry's gonna pimp slap that cancer with a 14oz porterhouse. Us Texans & Okies are kinda fond of our beef :)

There is definitely something to be said for a combo of prayer & clean eating though...

The37Kid, Model T1, 3wLarry and 3 others like this.
  2. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

You are naturally equipped with everything you need to beat this, Larry, and you will. I am six years out from a stage 4 prostate diagnosis. I got the second opinion and didn't like it either. Then my daughter said "Why don't you try Mayo Clinic"? Bingo, they are right here in Phoenix. Insurance even paid for the third opinion. My numbers are manageable and I feel as good as I ever have. All the best to you.

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, it was hovering around stage 3, sinking toward stage 4, until Bruce Lancaster bailed us out with some grown-up advice, soliciting some more cat-less real world wisdom. Thanks Bruce!
    Of course, this being 3wLarry, Mr. White and the mod squad would probably let just about anything slide ;)

4. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Larry get a hold of some one with the D.V.A. Service officer and see if you are entitled to any pay compensation , if they OK it it will be 100% . The D.V.A. Is the best at handeling V.A.claims hands down. This is the voice of experience. Hang in there and your in my thoughts and prayers bro. Frank

lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  5. i heard that eating a diet of only, peas, blueberries, corn, and beets will cure just about anything........of course you will be pooping rainbows............... but what doesn't have it's side effects?

ct1932ford, hrm2k, Model T1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OooooooooooH Man! I feel for you brother! That's not gonna be good - think bowling ball passing through a garden hose...

On a little more serious note...Larry, you have a great sense of humor and a stranglehold on life. You seem to me like the kind of guy who squeezes every last drop out of every day and it is this zest for life that you have that will serve you well in this new fight! - as well as the thoughts and prayers of 20,000 or 30,000 hoodlums here on the HAMB. I fully expect that you are going to kick the crap out of this cancer!

I will be fervently praying for you brother. I have some experience with cancer in my family and if you ever want to yak just shoot me a message.

Thor

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Model T1, TFoch, Harms Way and 4 others like this.
  7. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Larry,

I hate to hear this news. Stay strong and know that we are all here for support. Your positive attitude is one of the most powerful weapons available.

I just found out my favorite hot rodding uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer. He beat colon cancer two years ago and he doesn't seem to have the upbeat view that you have, sir. Never give up. You keep fighting this and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

So you kick this in the ass and build that '32.

3wLarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Hang in there Bubba, all our prayers are with you.

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Like Ishot said get ahold of your veterans service officer. I am a vet too, and these guys know all the VA rules and if you are eligilable for more help. Good luck Larry, and my prayers are with you

3wLarry likes this.
  10. Larry,please don't buy into the few months left diagnosis,I love you brother and you are in my daily thoughts and prayers list. Danny

11. Larry, I don't know you from Adam except from your posts which I have always enjoyed. If your anything like me, I've been proving people wrong my whole life. Take that attitude and run with it and take this thing heads on as a challenge. Your mindset seems perfect to beat this and I truly believe that you can. Wishing you the best in the months to come, Scruffy.

Model T1, tb33anda3rd and 3wLarry like this.
  12. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Larry,

I wish I could write something elegant and inspiring like many posters already have here.

But I'll just say don't ever give up, keep on fighting.

Your posts here on the HAMB have always been enjoyable for me and countless others, please keep coming back to post as often as you feel up to it and most of all always keep fighting.

All the best, Bart

Model T1 and 3wLarry like this.
  13. 150J/F

150J/F

Sorry to hear that diagnosis...you are in for a fight so bear down and get after it.
    We are all pulling for you.
    Mike

3wLarry likes this.
  14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

thanks mikey!...love ya and miss ya

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I hadnt checked on you in a while, so when I read the comment about 4 days without a dump it reminded me of something that happened in our shop a few years ago....
    We had this older guy in the shop that was infamous for saying exactly what he thought about anything, Sonny.
    He was listening to another guy, Steve, ramble on about how at his age a good bowel movement was better than sex.
    Sonny said " One of us dont know something. Either I dont know how to shit, or you dont know how to fuck"
    Cancer aint nothing to laugh about, but somebody famous said laughter is the best medicine. Good Luck, man, we are all pulling for you with all barrels open.

16. Hey Larry from the Flat side of the world we wish ya all the best and know ya can knock the shit out of this. Attitude is everything and with yours it should be a piece of cake! Hey now ya can do pot legally for stomach and nausea everything has a silver lining........................... :):)

volvobrynk, Model T1 and 3wLarry like this.
  17. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

Get well soon Larry.

3wLarry likes this.
  18. Slopok

Slopok

Larry, let them do whatever they need to get you well again but please don't let them touch your sense of humor and wit. Wishin' you all the best this world has to offer you.

Model T1, lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  19. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

You can beat this shit I got faith in you!! praying for you. Don

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have no clue what a lion in a side-car has to do with all this, but I like it!

hrm2k, 3wLarry and Model T1 like this.
  21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Im doomed...DOOMED.:eek:

volvobrynk, hrm2k and 3wLarry like this.
  22. drumyn29

drumyn29

Chemo only kills the tumor, it doesn't kill the stem cell, the stem cell is what feeds tumors. To kill stem cell you need to NOT do chemo.
    It's a hundred bucks for his docu-series but it'll wake you up to a whole new world: http://thetruthaboutcancer.com

3W, you better come stay with me for a bit, I'll cure you with everything you hate, healthy food!

I say all of this with love, it hurts me to think about someone dying of cancer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/037148_chemotherapy_stem_cells_regeneration.html

23. Tony

Tony

Damn man!!!!

Larry there is nothing i can say that all these fella's havent said already...
    So im just gonna agree and say kick its ass and keep that tough as nails attitude going!

You're in my thoughts and prayers buddy!!
    Tony

3wLarry likes this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

I just thought Larry was a bit past house cats ( not that there is anything wrong with them) and the shot of the one at speed sure looked like he was enjoying the ride. Bob

volvobrynk, falcongeorge and 3wLarry like this.
  25. atch

atch

You can kick this, Larry. Especially with all the prayers from here and all across H.A.M.B. land.

3wLarry likes this.
  26. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Get well soon Larry, we'll keep you in our prayers.

3wLarry likes this.
  27. pumpman

pumpman

Larry, just checking in. Have you pooped yet? I went through the same thing years ago ( in the hospital no poopy 6 days) so if you did I would have heard the scream of joy here in Michigan. Stay strong brother.

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  28. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3wLarry likes this.
  29. Harms Way

Harms Way

Really ?....... I,... Um,.... Huh..... I got nothing......

Larry,...... PLEASE DON'T POST PICTURES !!!!!!

volvobrynk, Model T1, hrm2k and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.