Register now to get rid of these ads!

3WLarry, Kerry Kennedy, Chip Foose, Norm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Good Wood, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

Grabowski, Sam Memolla, Wings Kallahan, Barry Meguiar, Jerry Kennedy, etc., etc., etc.

We met many wonderful people at last weeks NSRA Natls in Louisville. Everyone we came in contact with was gracious and genuinely friendly, as we all shared a common interest.

I came to the event hoping to see Larry's and Kerry's coupes up close for the first time. I wasn't disappointed. As soon as I stepped onto the show grounds, I spotted the Kennedy Koupe directly in front of Freedom Hall, and met and spoke with Kerry and his Dad.

Larry's car was more illusive. My wife was probably sick of helping me look for it every day, and we finally got to meet Larry and check out the coupe at Sunday's awards presentations. I only regret that I didn't find it sooner, so I could get some better photos outside, and away from the crowds.

These guys have both done awesome jobs, and their creations epitomize the quality that's becoming the standard on the H.A.M.B.
    I couldn't help thinking that these guys were every bit as much a "celebrity "to me, as the other guys I mentioned above. All were at the event. We met them all, spoke with them all, and came away impressed by their down-to-earth demeanors, and friendly natures.For however short a time it was, Larry and Kerry come away knowing they were stars in their own right. They were both surrounded all week by people who couldn't get enough of their cars, and complemented them on their accomplishments. You've done yourselves and your fellow H.A.M.B.'ers PROUD! Thanks guys.

2. pecker head

pecker head

I met Larry & Norm in Sprinfeild , both very COOL ! Larry didn't offer his autograph , I wish I had got it , he will probably be famous'er some day !

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Woodys' wife Sandy asked for my autograph at Looville...first time that's ever happened.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Nice to meet you Good Wood I feal like a rock star after reading this.:D

5. FWIW..... Kennedy's first name is Kirby. :p

If he introduced himself though, with that southern drawl, it's a wonder you could translate well enough to arrive at "Kerry".

JH

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Hey Larry, Can Danyelle and me get an autograph ?

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

:p :p :p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

I could kick myself for not getting your autograph.....ugh But yeah
    as far as were concerned Kerry, your car was awesome, and trust me, I have met quite of few Rock Stars in my day, and you rise above them all. Thanks to you and others that follow in your footsteps these days, you set a very good example of family values
    for all that clusterd around or by your superb vehicle. Much luck to you in your future endeavors, and we will look for your next project.
    Thanks to your Dad too for the awesome pic I got of you two...will send it along when I find it.
    Sandy (Good Wood's wife)

9. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Shoot i had to room with you all week and i didn't get an autograph...lol

10. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Didn't the cop ask for your autograph the other day????:D :D :D

Just kidding.

DD

11. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

I am sooooo sorry. I know Kirby's name, but must have had a senior moment when I was posting. What a goof!